The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Black Lives Matter a 'hate group' or 'terrorist organization'?

Realtor Rod

There have been quite a few peace officers (including black sheriff's) coming forward and calling them these things. There is a petition to get them named as one and the Russian government  (for what it's worth now calls them onr). Just curious what CDC opinions are. 

The bulk of humanity is full of idiots. Inevitably when a peace movement starts to trend on a large scale the proportion of involvment of these idiots will increase. 

Unfortunately for America, a large scale movement is needed to make a dent in the mindset.

The use of 'or' in the title ("Is Black Lives Matter a 'hate group' or 'terrorist organization'") implies that there are only 2 valid choices. That's a common way used to trick unsuspecting people. I should know as I used that trick often with my kids. :) My own take on it is that it doesn't have to be 'either', but just like with any group of people, it may end up being one if it get co-opted by evil people.

24 minutes ago, nuck15 said:

It shouldn't be "black lives matter" it sounds like they only care about themselves... rather #ALL LIVES MATTER 

Their message is to stop unjustified hate, and promote change, culturally and politically for black people. Why would they be called All Lives Matter? Name wouldn't match their purpose.

2 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Their message is to stop unjustified hate, and promote change, culturally and politically for black people. Why would they be called All Lives Matter? Name wouldn't match their purpose.

How are these protests promoting change? All they've caused is death and destruction. In Ferguson last year, a girl got shot in her room during a protest. It's BS and it's not making the world any better

1 minute ago, -Stammer- said:

How are these protests promoting change? All they've caused is death and destruction. In Ferguson last year, a girl got shot in her room during a protest. It's BS and it's not making the world any better

I wasn't making a comment on their success. I was just suggesting All Lives Matter doesn't really fit what their website talks about and what their activists are trying to achieve. 

9 minutes ago, -Stammer- said:

Nah you're right, they should watch as hundreds of innocent black people die.

1 hour ago, -Stammer- said:

You can argue with their methods, and the message they're sending, but they are very effectively bringing attention to the issue. 

5 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

You can argue with your methods, and the message they're sending, but they are very effectively bringing attention to the issue. 

Some are, but for all the wrong reasons. There is videos from the Dallas shootings of people with BLM chanting kill more cops etc. What would happen if someone started a white lives matter movement? They would be deemed racist. All lives do matter, not just black lives.

No.  They are not a terror group or a hate group.  

They have been brought to the forefront because of a bad situation and I believe a lot of the people in the group are coming off as very angry, which is understandable, but as a group I don't think they are bad. 

ALLLIVESMATTER would be a better way to go about it but I see what they are getting at. 

I can't help but think this stuff is all the beginning of a huge race battle like the $&!#storm we saw in the 90's

32 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

yeah true, I agree, but they aren't the only ones on the receiving end so many "brown" people i know that get confused of being Muslims and are embarrassed at the airport or even harassed/and assaulted because of the confusion and lack of knowledge....but i hear you, whats happening to them is just out of control, and needs to change. 

You just can't fight with fire; violence is never the answer, and just makes things worst. 

Archived