The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Black Lives Matter a 'hate group' or 'terrorist organization'?

Realtor Rod

2 hours ago, StealthNuck said:

This is a ridiculous statement. 

#blacklivesmatter doesn't mean all other lives don't matter. Not sure why you'd think that. #blacklivesmatter speaks specifically to a massive issue of clear systemic violence against black people. 

There are some extremists in the group, as there always are, but the essential message is the same. 

Wow!  Tell me more!  A black professor at Harvard has just released a study which suggests otherwise.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=newssearch&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjN7bnz_uzNAhVD02MKHSMfA38QqQIIGygAMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtontimes.com%2Fnews%2F2016%2Fjul%2F11%2Fno-racial-bias-police-shootings-study-harvard-prof%2F&usg=AFQjCNGrA6qFOSGUOSIsu8055fcW8VAYCA

33 minutes ago, Cowardrobertford said:

BML is a hate group. Black's lives don't matter, all lives matter. if it were passionate about life why would it have to be specified. Another thing is how did BML showed value to the Black people, they are doing nothing to help the black people, or if they did they did more harm than good 

Yea they are a hate group. They're a group of people that hate being treated as criminals and second class citizens.

"Black lives don't matter, all lives matter." People who counter with this are about as ignorant towards this cause as you can get. By saying black lives matter, they're not saying they matter more, they're saying they matter just as much.

So funny when white people get all up in arms as if they're jealous they're not being included in this hashtag. How fricken white privileged can you get? Saying all lives matter in response to this is the equivalent of going to a cancer fundraiser and shouting "there's other diseases too!"

4 hours ago, Realtor Rod said:

There have been quite a few peace officers (including black sheriff's) coming forward and calling them these things. There is a petition to get them named as one and the Russian government  (for what it's worth now calls them onr). Just curious what CDC opinions are. 

They are a racist group.  The movement has not been marginalized by Obama and Hillary because they want to make sure blacks don't forget to vote Democrat. Racial tension will do this.   I am surprised at this strategy though....I would think it is going to backfire.

4 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

The Study clearly says, non-whites are 50% more likely to have a physical altercation with an officer than a white under the same circumstances....I'd say that is a problem.

Also the data used to determine no racial-bias for lethal force was: self collected via police "event summaries"  from 10 major cities, and data on when lethal force was justified in the city of Dallas, Texas. The first source of data is ridiculous. Ask the guy who used the gun if there was a racial bias? and the second source is from a city with a higher than average non-white population.

Not saying the study is wrong. But I would wait for multiple studies to confirm the finding.

1 minute ago, Art Vandelay said:

The Study clearly says, non-whites are 50% more likely to have a physical altercation with an officer than a white under the same circumstances....I'd say that is a problem.

Also the data used to determine no racial-bias for lethal force was: self collected via police "event summaries"  from 10 major cities, and data on when lethal force was justified in the city of Dallas, Texas. The first source of data is ridiculous. Ask the guy who used the gun if there was a racial bias? and the second source is from a city with a higher than average non-white population.

Not saying the study is wrong. But I would wait for multiple studies to confirm the finding.

Whites are more likely to be shot...Blacks are more likely to have been touched.

I'd just like to point out, that many of the shootings that the media paints as bad shootings, are often good shootings. I'm not endorsing the killing of black people, obviously, but mainstream American media likes to stir controversy. It generates revenue for them, you shouldn't blindly trust them...

For example, "Stand your ground" was never a part of George Zimmerman's defense in his entire legal case.... His lawyers never presented "Stand your ground" law as a defense... It was in the media for weeks though... Just like how mainstream media in the US would take clips of Zimmerman describing Trayvon Martin as a "young black male in a hoodie", but conveniently leave out the part where the 911 operator asks him what he looks like... What color he is... 

Mainstream media in North America, has become a business, there is little journalistic integrity remaining in those organizations... Want a simple litmus test of this? There are almost never positive news stories on those platforms.. It's always negative news, because the more that the media can convince you that the world is a horrible place, the more negative news it can sell you.

Now you can't be cynical of everything, but just because CNN, Fox, MSNBC, and Black Lives Matter are screaming that shooting X was a bad shooting, that doesn't make it true. If CNN, Fox, MSNBC said a shooting was a good shooting, well they'd be limiting how much airtime they can spend on a controversial topic.... That's just not in their interest.

I mean, when was the last time you saw one of the two following things, one of those networks saying that a shooting was a good shooting... And one of those networks talking about a Black cop shooting a white civilian... It just doesn't happen. Doesn't that raise red flags for some of you?

15 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yea they are a hate group. They're a group of people that hate being treated as criminals and second class citizens.

"Black lives don't matter, all lives matter." People who counter with this are about as ignorant towards this cause as you can get. By saying black lives matter, they're not saying they matter more, they're saying they matter just as much.

So funny when white people get all up in arms as if they're jealous they're not being included in this hashtag. How fricken white privileged can you get? Saying all lives matter in response to this is the equivalent of going to a cancer fundraiser and shouting "there's other diseases too!"

What the hell is valuing everyone's life harmful. By saying black lives matter they matter as much as everybody's life?. Why not say white lives matter, Asians life matter, too to make it all equal.

Didn't we want want equality, does saying "all lives matter" means Black people's life matters less? How could you ignorantly say otherwise when the word is so simple to understand. Hiw could you accuse me ignorant if what i said was logical. 

You make fun of me by making fun of white people, you thought I'm white, apparently it's what you think this is and I think it is too black people vs white people. No, I'm not white, I'm Asian.

Just like saying "white lives matter", but "other people's life matters too."

De niro, this is where I stand, "all lives matter" no other meaning. I believe if that's what BML stands for they would be an absolute love group. They're expected to hate but they love.

2 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

Whites are more likely to be shot...Blacks are more likely to have been touched.

What?

" On the most extreme use of force – officer involved shootings – we find no racial differences in either the raw data or when contextual factors are taken into account " 

The article said the findings of this study appear to support another study done by washington state which officers " were actually less likely to shoot at blacks than whites." and that was determined through simulation rather than real world situations. However also says "  fully 96 percent were more likely to associate images of weapons with black faces " and that   " fear of the “social and legal consequences” is the most likely explanation for the officers’ hesitation when confronted with black suspects. "

1 hour ago, Cowardrobertford said:

BML is a hate group. Black's lives don't matter, all lives matter. if it were passionate about life why would it have to be specified. Another thing is how did BML showed value to the Black people, they are doing nothing to help the black people, or if they did they did more harm than good 

Wondered why the movement started.

11 minutes ago, Cowardrobertford said:

What the hell is valuing everyone's life harmful. By saying black lives matter they matter as much as everybody's life?. Why not say white lives matter, Asians life matter, too to make it all equal.

Didn't we want want equality, does saying "all lives matter" means Black people's life matters less? How could you ignorantly say otherwise when the word is so simple to understand. Hiw could you accuse me ignorant if what i said was logical. 

You make fun of me by making fun of white people, you thought I'm white, apparently it's what you think this is and I think it is too black people vs white people. No, I'm not white, I'm Asian.

Just like saying "white lives matter", but "other people's life matters too."

De niro, this is where I stand, "all lives matter" no other meaning. I believe if that's what BML stands for they would be an absolute love group. They're expected to hate but they love.

Some people have indeed forgotten that black lives matter. The movement is just a reminder. The rest of us non-blacks don't have to take it personally.

I think a big problem with Black Lives Matter is that many people support it, while making assumptions about the intent of the movement and it's leaders... Logical assumptions, like they must be making this movement to address injustices done to black people... Because, I mean, it's called Black Lives Matter, and they constantly bring up police shootings of black people. Many of which are clean shootings, many of which are not.

The reality is, Black Lives Matter has been a complete failure of a movement, in terms of making actual progress. Their methods and tactics have been reprehensible in some cases... and the motives of its leaders are questionable...

Of course the principal, or at least the logical principal you would assume is behind Black Lives Matter is a noble one. To specifically address injustices against black people is a noble purpose... You can't compel people to fight for the rights of EVERYONE, if they don't want to... If they are denying the struggles of other demographics, when in fact they may also have significant struggles... Then I'd see the point in a hashtag like #AllLivesMatter... I don't really know if they are denying it, I don't follow Black Lives Matter too hard, because I don't support them specifically.

I've seen enough of Black Lives Matter to know that it's not the answer, and in fact it's counter-productive to the cause. I think many supporters of Black Lives Matter agree with the principals they assume are behind the movement, but know little about their practices. And those that disagree with the movement, don't necessarily disagree with the fundamental principals you'd believe would be behind it. Although, I'm sure some racist wackos out there do disagree.... What can you do... Racists will always exist.

26 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

What?

" On the most extreme use of force – officer involved shootings – we find no racial differences in either the raw data or when contextual factors are taken into account

Yeah, yeah...call it artistic license...so it is the same.  I thought since your synopsis of the report  was so slanted you would appreciate it.  You failed to mention how the report specifically states that this discredits BLM movement.  You can be the first to start the new fury about bad touches. This will be just like Global warming turning into Climate change.  Don.t let the truth get in the way of a good story.

5 minutes ago, Aircool said:

I think a big problem with Black Lives Matter is that many people support it, while making assumptions about the intent of the movement and it's leaders... Logical assumptions, like they must be making this movement to address injustices done to black people... Because, I mean, it's called Black Lives Matter, and they constantly bring up police shootings of black people. Many of which are clean shootings, many of which are not.

The reality is, Black Lives Matter has been a complete failure of a movement, in terms of making actual progress. Their methods and tactics have been reprehensible in some cases... and the motives of its leaders are questionable...

Of course the principal, or at least the logical principal you would assume is behind Black Lives Matter is a noble one. To specifically address injustices against black people is a noble purpose... You can't compel people to fight for the rights of EVERYONE, if they don't want to... If they are denying the struggles of other demographics, when in fact they may also have significant struggles... Then I'd see the point in a hashtag like #AllLivesMatter... I don't really know if they are denying it, I don't follow Black Lives Matter too hard, because I don't support them specifically.

I've seen enough of Black Lives Matter to know that it's not the answer, and in fact it's counter-productive to the cause. I think many supporters of Black Lives Matter agree with the principals they assume are behind the movement, but no little about their practices. And those that disagree with the movement, don't necessarily disagree with the fundamental principals you'd believe would be behind it. Although, I'm sure some racist wackos out there do disagree.... What can you do... Racists will always exist.

Well thought out post. Thanks.

Social movements usually aim at raising awareness. Nothing more. The fact that we are all talking about it, means something to some people. What 'actual' progress would anyone realistically expect? Converting racist wackos to hippies? The State giving black people 'un-killable' status? 

5 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

Some people have indeed forgotten that black lives matter. The movement is just a reminder. The rest of us non-blacks don't have to take it personally.

This is what I can't wrap my head around. Why are people taking offense to it? They're not saying white lives don't matter, or any other lives for that matter... What does it matter to anyone who's not black? Shut your mouths and respect the fact that they have a cause that they're fighting for.

And don't group a handful of bad people in with the rest of the group. That's exactly what certain media groups want, so that the cause is completely delegitimized.

It would be like saying all Canucks fans are violent criminals based on a few dozen people during the 2011 riots. See how that's wrong?

3 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

Well thought out post. Thanks.

Social movements usually aim at raising awareness. Nothing more. The fact that we are all talking about it, means something to some people. What 'actual' progress would anyone realistically expect? Converting racist wackos to hippies? The State giving black people 'un-killable' status? 

You know what, never thought of it that way... I think the problem that is occurring right now is that the hostility that this movement is creating is a serious concern.

The violence at their protests, and honestly, and ironically, the intolerance of Black Lives Matter members... I think most of us knew long before Black Lives Matter that the issues that we are talking about now existed, and I'm not sure how much awareness they've raised... I'm also not entirely sure that that is their motive, or at least ENTIRELY their motive.

You are right though, there cannot really be any positive progress as a result of Black Lives Matter... In terms of tangible changes to the legal system or societal perspective. Our opinions are largely ingrained, most people are rather moderate and rational, at least when not under significant pressure.... Like in a "perceived" life-threatening situation...

Archived