The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Black Lives Matter a 'hate group' or 'terrorist organization'?

Realtor Rod

17 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

Some people have indeed forgotten that black lives matter. The movement is just a reminder. The rest of us non-blacks don't have to take it personally.

How Did I forgot that black lives matter when my stand is "all lives matter"? Are you going to say that I seclude somebody when I say this. I guess I indeed took things personally who cares about this

33 minutes ago, Cowardrobertford said:

What the hell is valuing everyone's life harmful. By saying black lives matter they matter as much as everybody's life?. Why not say white lives matter, Asians life matter, too to make it all equal.

Didn't we want want equality, does saying "all lives matter" means Black people's life matters less? How could you ignorantly say otherwise when the word is so simple to understand. Hiw could you accuse me ignorant if what i said was logical. 

You make fun of me by making fun of white people, you thought I'm white, apparently it's what you think this is and I think it is too black people vs white people. No, I'm not white, I'm Asian.

Just like saying "white lives matter", but "other people's life matters too."

De niro, this is where I stand, "all lives matter" no other meaning. I believe if that's what BML stands for they would be an absolute love group. They're expected to hate but they love.

If you honestly think white people or Asian people need a movement to gain equality than this subject is obviously too far over your head for you to comprehend.

As white and Asian Canadians we can't begin to comprehend what has brought African-Americans to this point, and to pretend we have any sort of clue is just insulting to all black people.

8 minutes ago, Cowardrobertford said:

How Did I forgot that black lives matter when my stand is "all lives matter"? Are you going to say that I seclude somebody when I say this. I guess I indeed took things personally who cares about this

Not you.

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If you honestly think white people or Asian people need a movement to gain equality than this subject is obviously too far over your head for you to comprehend.

As white and Asian Canadians we can't begin to comprehend what has brought African-Americans to this point, and to pretend we have any sort of clue is just insulting to all black people.

There is that head tax thing that older ethnic Asian people in Canada tend to bring up once every 10 years or so....

10 minutes ago, clam linguine said:

Yeah, yeah...call it artistic license...so it is the same.  I thought since your synopsis of the report  was so slanted you would appreciate it.  You failed to mention how the report specifically states that this discredits BLM movement.  You can be the first to start the new fury about bad touches. This will be just like Global warming turning into Climate change.  Don.t let the truth get in the way of a good story.

The article does that. Not the Study. The only mention of BLM in the entire Study is:

"These incidents, some captured on video and viewed widely, have generated protests in Ferguson, New York City, Washington, Chicago, Oakland, and several other cities and a national movement (Black Lives Matter) and a much needed national discourse about race, law enforcement, and policy. Police precincts from Houston, TX, to Camden, NJ, to Tacoma, WA, are beginning to issue body worn cameras, engaging in community policing, and enrolling officers in training in an effort to purge racial bias from their instinctual decision making. "

You have to read the material you source. 

Just now, DeNiro said:

De niro, what ever you understood, I don't mind. You tell me to comprehend, but took an out of context quote from me and you degrade me. You Strawman

I am aware of the stuff on the news, and the racism. But back to the point BML to me is not what it is supposed to be like air-cool said it is a failure. You should ask what brought the Black people to be shot too, now Strawman that haha

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well honestly... you have to think about the ways in which black people don't have equality... This is mostly semantics to be fair...

Legally, black people have equality... I don't think anyone here is arguing that fact I hope? But the reality is that black people currently don't get great OPPORTUNITY... This is for a variety of reasons, poverty is DEFINITELY one of them... It's got a lot to do with the reality of the average black person in not just America... Obviously, we have many people who have negative opinions or impressions of black people, a large amount of those due to fear. Because a lot of black people commit crime, a disproportionate amount, as a direct result of poverty not their skin colour... Now historically, their poverty is because of their skin colour, and that's the fault of eras gone by; however, black people are still suffering for it.

I just don't understand what you want people to do about it? Like... Isn't it somewhat natural to be a little afraid of a demographic that has shown to commit more crime than any other? Not necessarily consciously afraid, or judgemental... But I think it would be strange if people weren't.

I'm South African, in South Africa and Africa in general, black people are largely poor... There's a lot of blame to go around to address that... I live in Canada now, but if I were in South Africa I'd be stupid to not inherently have some fear of, and exercise caution around, black people. 

So what are we supposed to do about it? Casually walk into ghettos on a day-by-day basis and be extremely friendly and be fearless.. Because to not be would be racist? Should we all start paying more taxes to subsidize poor black people, and not all poor people? 

Nobody is denying that black people have problems, big ones, but honestly it just seems like you are going around trolling for up-votes.

1 minute ago, Hugor Hill said:

There is that head tax thing that older ethnic Asian people in Canada tend to bring up once every 10 years or so....

The only people in Canada who I think still have a real beef about inequality is aboriginals. 

Of course there is still racism, but the type of systematic racism that marginalizes and demonizes black people in the US doesn't exist in Canada at that level.

3 minutes ago, Aircool said:

Well honestly... you have to think about the ways in which black people don't have equality... This is mostly semantics to be fair...

Legally, black people have equality... I don't think anyone here is arguing that fact I hope? But the reality is that black people currently don't get great OPPORTUNITY... This is for a variety of reasons, poverty is DEFINITELY one of them... It's got a lot to do with the reality of the average black person in not just America... Obviously, we have many people who have negative opinions or impressions of black people, a large amount of those due to fear. Because a lot of black people commit crime, a disproportionate amount, as a direct result of poverty not their skin colour... Now historically, their poverty is because of their skin colour, and that's the fault of eras gone by; however, black people are still suffering for it.

I just don't understand what you want people to do about it? Like... Isn't it somewhat natural to be a little afraid of a demographic that has shown to commit more crime than any other? Not necessarily consciously afraid, or judgemental... But I think it would be strange if people weren't.

I'm South African, in South Africa and Africa in general, black people are largely poor... There's a lot of blame to go around to address that... I live in Canada now, but if I were in South Africa I'd be stupid to not inherently have some fear of, and exercise caution around, black people. 

So what are we supposed to do about it? Casually walk into ghettos on a day-by-day basis and be extremely friendly and be fearless.. Because to not be would be racist? Should we all start paying more taxes to subsidize poor black people, and not all poor people? 

Nobody is denying that black people have problems, big ones, but honestly it just seems like you are going around trolling for up-votes.

The cops in Alberta have received sensitivity training, as per the earlier link I posted.

From the videos of cops killing black suspects, we can tell that a lot of them are afraid. They often overpower the suspect, taser him and knock him down to the ground and are still afraid of him. So they pull the trigger. 

Why are they so afraid even when the suspect is completely overwhelmed and overpowered? I don't get it.

10 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

You have to read the material you source. 

Black LIVES Matter.  Black lives are not in more danger from police. The study scientifically concludes this.  Are you disapponted?  This means BLM is a complete farce, doesn't it?

22 minutes ago, 19Nazzy91 said:

Just some interesting statistics that you don't see in the media. Not really taking a side, just posting a couple facts.

Reeves 1215002.png

2015-11-23 11_56_07-Donald J. Trump on Twitter_ __@SeanSean252_ @WayneDupreeShow @Rockprincess818 @C.png

The image on the bottom does not contain any facts. One would think people would question statistics that state that 81% of whites are killed by blacks but it seems people are easily hoodwinked. 

30 minutes ago, 19Nazzy91 said:

Just some interesting statistics that you don't see in the media. Not really taking a side, just posting a couple facts.

2015-11-23 11_56_07-Donald J. Trump on Twitter_ __@SeanSean252_ @WayneDupreeShow @Rockprincess818 @C.png

This picture and the stats are fake:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiakoerner/donald-trump-tweeted-questionable-statistics-about-race-and?utm_term=.sqp01bmy9P#.fo9Oy5qrW6

There is no such thing as Crime Statistic Bureau in San Fran.

How stupid can a person be to buy into any of this?

STUPID AS FECES.

On 7/11/2016 at 10:21 PM, Toews said:

The image on the bottom does not contain any facts. One would think people would question statistics that state that 81% of whites are killed by blacks but it seems people are easily hoodwinked. 

Only pulling stats of the internet mate. Is racism an issue? Yea, definitely, but too many sides to stories are overlooked.

Screen-Shot-2014-11-25-at-12.30.37-PM.jpg

1 minute ago, clam linguine said:

Black LIVES Matter.  Black lives are not in more danger from police. The study scientifically concludes this,  Are you disapponted.?  This means BLM is a complete farce, doesn't it?

Lol, okay. You're fun.

I was just pointing out, the material you sourced did not conclude what you said in this thread.

I do not have an opinion on the subject; That I wish to express with you.

4 minutes ago, Aircool said:

"Trolling" for upvotes? You can't be serious? Just because I'm calling out ignorant people for being ignorant and people agree with me doesn't mean I'm "trolling" for anything.

You've pretty much exposed your own bias towards black people. Not much else to say really.

11 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Lol, okay. You're fun.

I was just pointing out, the material you sourced did not conclude what you said in this thread.

I do not have an opinion on the subject; That I wish to express with you.

You are better off ignoring clam. He lacks basic reasoning skills. Its like repeatedly bashing your head into a wall, the only thing it will accomplish is giving you a headache.

1 minute ago, Toews said:

You are better off ignoring clam. He lacks basic reasoning skills. Its like repeatedly bashing your head into a wall, the only thing it will accomplish is giving you a headache.

I'm fairly new to actually posting on this site. Thanks for the tip haha

16 minutes ago, Toews said:

Yes,  trying to find ways to disprove facts can give a person a headache.

38 minutes ago, Aircool said:

I don't feel the need to take extra precautions around someone just because they are of a particular race. I would rather get mugged on the street than treat a stranger differently just because they are of a certain race. I also assure you that this is not me trolling for up votes. 

Archived