The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Defense: Who do you think will make the team for next season?

Sean Avery

Canucks Defense  

226 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Canucks will most likely be going into next season looking like this for their top 5 for defense: Edler Tanev | Hutton Gudbranson | Sbisa. However, there is still one spot left, and Benning said not too long ago that there will be around 3-4 defenseman challenging for it. Who do you think will get that last spot for most of next season?

Two will make the team for a fact

poll should be changed because one will sit in the press box

biega is the easy choice to send down

least likely to get picked up

larson should make the team barring a brutal camp

so it's between tryamkin and pedan 

tryamkin has an out clause in his contract and was the better player last season

ive never been overly impressed with pedan  but Benning gave up a 2nd for him so most likely won't let him walk for nothing

im guessing a defenceman gets traded

6 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

I think Tryamkin will be in the top 6 and a good chance that Larsen will be as well...but they are going to have to move someone..maybe Sbisa...if not Larsen will that 7th D man and possibly Pedan as #8 D and maybe spare forward.

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Only gives one choice. I actually think Tryamkin and Larsen make the team. Larsen is going to be the Canucks #3RD and on the PP. Sbisa is the odd man out. I'm guessing he'll be traded in the near future.

If Sbisa gets traded and we get a return that can somehow help our team the Kesler trade will be known as the "deal that keeps on giving" 

Honestly, I don't know where Pedan will fit in. Sbisa, Tram, Larsen, all ahead of him for that 5th/6th spot. Pedan is going to need to have a strong training camp.

I think our top-5 is set in stone, there'll be a real battle for that 6th spot but by the way Benning's talking it sounds like he wants a puck mover like Larsen. Subban should challenge for the spot for a while, Biega is a good safety net to have there but it'll be Larsen's spot to lose.

Edler - Tanev

Hutton - Gudbranson

Sbisa - Larsen

I think depending on who gets injured when, we'll see call ups. If a right handed puck mover gets injured (eg. Larsen), Subban should get the call. If it's a right handed shutdown defenceman, Biega should be called up.

If it's a left handed puck mover (Hutton), we should bring up Stetcher. If it's a left handed shutdown guy (Edler or Sbisa), we should call up Tryamkin.

You should have given multiple options. I think Larsen and Tryamkin will make the team. Many people are saying Sbisa will get traded but regardless I think he won't make Top 6. Tryamkin is basically a lock because they won't send him back to Russia. As for Larsen I think he will just outplay Sbisa.

40 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

tryamkin has an out clause in his contract and was the better player last season

ive never been overly impressed with pedan  but Benning gave up a 2nd for him so most likely won't let him walk for nothing

IK, I should have made it like: who you think will play in that spot the most for this season. All well.

42 minutes ago, Off_The_Schneid! said:

Also, he did let Vey walk when he spent a 2nd on him, so it could very well happen with Pedan next season.

6 minutes ago, Sean Avery said:

Also, he did let Vey walk when he spent a 2nd on him, so it could very well happen with Pedan next season.

He got some use out of Vey though that pedan trade would finally pay off this season 

could potentially have two defenceman in the press box I suppose

they did try pedan at wing last year

1 hour ago, Sean Avery said:

The Canucks will most likely be going into next season looking like this for their top 5 for defense: Edler Tanev | Hutton Gudbranson | Sbisa. However, there is still one spot left, and Benning said not too long ago that there will be around 3-4 defenseman challenging for it. Who do you think will get that last spot for most of next season?

Sean Avery is an elite generational douchebag. Analytics Report entered into Asset  Management software recommends asphyxiation. 

Tryamkin

1 minute ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Sean Avery is an elite generational douchebag. Analytics Reort entered into Asset  Management software recommends asphyxiation. 

Tryamkin

Thanks for the comment! :)

Archived