The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann has Gained 25lb since last season

3 hours ago, FrankieCorrado said:

McCann is no longer Canucks property, let's move on.

Well with that height and weight that puts him the same size as John Tavares.

And I hate to eventually learn that Canucks gave up someone as good as John Tavares :unsure:

Shame he couldn't do that when he played in the Western Conference. Speed is what he needs out East, and if he loses his due to the weight gain, he's going to have a short career.

3 hours ago, Silky mitts said:

Lol not like it's muscle.. unless he's cranking the steroids hard. Also who gives a f

Probably chugging 2-3 creatine big mass gainer homemade shakes a day. Lots of meat and carbs maybe some veggies.

It's easier to build muscle if you have girth and you also become more durable and have more endurance.

16 minutes ago, Captain Woodget said:

Shame he couldn't do that when he played in the Western Conference. Speed is what he needs out East, and if he loses his due to the weight gain, he's going to have a short career.

Kovalchuk,Ovechkin, and Kessel all weigh close to 230 pounds and still have great speed thanks to a powerful stride which added bulk helped.

18 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Kovalchuk,Ovechkin, and Kessel all weigh close to 230 pounds and still have great speed thanks to a powerful stride which added bulk helped.

I don't know if you've seen Ilya Kovalchuk recently, but he has the speed of Zenon Konopka right now.

Ovie and Kessel both work exceptionally hard, and have kept their weight the same for more than 10 years. McCann has gone from skinny dweeb to hulked up behemoth in the course of two months - he's not used to it, and it will affect his game. I'm surprised Florida has allowed him to put that much weight on that quickly.

lol now that McCann is not a Canucks anymore, everyone is saying that this is too much weight and it will affect his performances/speed. 

Yet the same people were all begging Raymond/Tanev/Hansen/McCann to put on 20lbs in their early years.  Watch when Juolevi come in 15lbs heavier at camp, everyone will go nuts....OMG He's NHL ready, lets play him 29min/game.

1 hour ago, Captain Woodget said:

I don't know if you've seen Ilya Kovalchuk recently, but he has the speed of Zenon Konopka right now.

Ovie and Kessel both work exceptionally hard, and have kept their weight the same for more than 10 years. McCann has gone from skinny dweeb to hulked up behemoth in the course of two months - he's not used to it, and it will affect his game. I'm surprised Florida has allowed him to put that much weight on that quickly.

25lbs since last season doesn't necessarily mean since April/May !  I think that would be physically impossible.

It can mean since last summer when the Canucks laid out a training program for the summer for him, or since training camp in September, or since any point during the season from October to April.   McCann didn't play every game, he had scheduled rest days, and probably had a gym schedule as well with that.  It's been a long process.

3 hours ago, Captain Woodget said:

Thought this was funny 

6 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Well with that height and weight that puts him the same size as John Tavares.

And I hate to eventually learn that Canucks gave up someone as good as John Tavares :unsure:

That there's some mighty fine logic you got brewin'; nice mix of paranoia and red herring.  Pass me the hot sauce.  GCG!

Archived