The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann has Gained 25lb since last season

On July 11, 2016 at 8:15 PM, Crabcakes said:

that's a lot....too much.....it'll affect his speed and endurance

How about we see how he plays before coming to that conclusion?

I feel that if he were a Canuck, the consensus about this would be different.

3 minutes ago, guntrix said:

How about we see how he plays before coming to that conclusion?

I feel that if he were a Canuck, the consensus about this would be different.

I think we'd still be pretty skeptical but you probably wouldn't see as many fat jokes. Even a professional athlete with a highly structured diet and top-notch training can't put on a clean 25 pounds in that time.

5 minutes ago, Wild Sean Monahan said:

I think we'd still be pretty skeptical but you probably wouldn't see as many fat jokes. Even a professional athlete with a highly structured diet and top-notch training can't put on a clean 25 pounds in that time.

I think he estimated the number. Still, reports coming out of Van before the trade were saying that the guy was on a monster workout regimen. He guy that his size was his biggest obstacle last season and was focused on fixing that. 

14 minutes ago, guntrix said:

I think he estimated the number. Still, reports coming out of Van before the trade were saying that the guy was on a monster workout regimen. He guy that his size was his biggest obstacle last season and was focused on fixing that. 

Yeah I'm sure he has, but it's just not possible to make those kinds of gains in that time frame. It's possible he's going back to a full twelve months ago when he says that, but even then he would've added some considerable body fat to add 25 pounds. 

On 7/13/2016 at 2:50 PM, Mr.DirtyDangles said:

Kessel 230 ?  nope lol    Bulk slows you down and makes you slower out of the gate. The only way it helps is in momentum. It is hard to stop with more weight behind you. It really depends on how much and how fast you gain it. It takes time for twitch muscle to compensate for the added weight. Even then most of it is all genetics.  Ovie and kovy are just genetic beasts, really hard to compare them to the likes of McCann.

Maybe they are just big boned? Skeletal muscle weighs more than fat right? :P

That's impressive, even if he just gained back what he lost over the season. He probably rounded up a bit, but even 20 lbs deserves serious props. Hopefully this doesn't affect his speed much, cause I'll be rooting for him. 

HAHAHAHAHHAHALOLOL.....must have eaten a LOT of big macs...or maybe his testicles are much smaller than they used to be.  Regardless, we got a very good second pairing defenseman that hasn't peaked yet for a fringe skill forward likely following in Vey's footsteps...outa here

25lbs is a bit much in that time, even with his age and it being much easier to put muscle on naturally. 

I remember people accusing Stamkos of PEDs as well after his first season. It can be very difficult to tell. 

Some also are just blessed with great genetics. 

Archived