The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WHY CANT "CANUCKS FANS" SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE!!!!

Hello "Canucks fans" I am not happy with the media and it's current fan base for the Canucks! What is wrong with you people, I was recently looking at an article made by the hockey press I believe and saw that the Canucks are 30th in fan confidence. ARE U SERIOUS!!! How do we not surpass teams like Boston who had 3 first round picks a year ago and only picked one actual first rounder and 2 2nd to third rounders, it's not like they have fantastic prospects in their pipeline or that they don't have aging stars. How do we not beat teams like Detroit who lost datsyuk and sign Nelson to fill the void. Nelson... if I were a Detroit fan I'd be crying! How do we not beat a team like Columbus who has aging stars and a goalie who's taken a huge step back over the years, or New Jersey who's had so many aging stars they're close to be playing in a senior beer league, or Calgary Flames who picked up brower and now ppl think that he was the one piece missing that didn't get them to the playoffs. What a fricken joke! I'll admit that they did pick up Elliot which was great but brower isn't the saviour tsn is making him out to be. Or fricken Edmonton who manages to draft the best players and destroy them, or even trade hall for Larson? How's Benning now? And wtf, they sign lucic for 7 years, he only has another 2-3 years left and he's dragging the team down. Hb Colorado who have gotten rid of players like orielly and Paul stasny and have Roy as a coach that makes them feel bad about themselves. Didn't he call Barrie a 5th defenceman? And now thyre taking him to arbitration! Risking losing another solid player! 

Now "Canucks fans" ur probably thinking of all the ways in which u can comeback at my statements which I don't blame u. But let's look at it this way, sure Jim Benning isn't the best GM that's obvious. And sure our team isn't the best team, but we could be worse! We had an average of 3.92 for drafting, excuse me but don't we have boeser, demko, juolevi, brisebois, virtanen, cassels. Teams wish they had the elite potential of demko, boeser and juolevi. And let's not forget benning is replenishing a prospect pool after we were contending for years and losing picks in the gillis era. So not too shabby. Sure Benning's trades aren't that great but we got a top 4 defenceman in Gudbranson who can play with Hutton to help develop his offensive game. And Benning also got eriksson, ik he's older but have you seen his chemistry with the Sedins it's great, plus he plays power play, penalty kill and he can play anywhere in your lineup. Plus Benning signed larsson and Rodin both are high risk high reward. Both are on one year deals so if they don't play well then it's goodbye! Rodin has the potential of jori lehtera and Larson can be our erhoff that we've been missing. And let's not forget how great markstrom and miller played when they were job sharing. I'm talking one goal games ppl!!! Now for you ppl that don't think the Canucks can stack up to other teams in our decision just remember that before last season we were playoff bound and in that summer we got better, we just were struck with the injury bug. But this is how we stack up... 

Sedins erikson.                       

baertschi Horvat Virtanen.         

rodin sutter Hansen                 

etem granlund burrows.       .               

edler tanev.                                             

Hutton Gudbranson.                       

larsson tryamkin.                              

marky.                                                         

miller

frolik monahan gaudreau.

Stajan backlund brower.

Ferland Bennett Chiasson

Bollig grant shore

Brodie Hamilton

Giordano engelland.

Jokipakka wideman.

elliot

Lucic mcdavid Eberle 

Maroon draisaitl yakupov

pouliot rnh puljuarvi

Hendricks letestu kassian

Sekera larsson

nurse klefbom 

reinhart Davidson 

talbot

(Unknown) getzlaf garbutt. 

thompson rakell perry.                      

cogliano kesler silverberg         

(unknown line).                                    

vatanen lindholm                             

bieksa fowler                                             

manson Theodore                                    

gibson.                                                                  

bernier 

boedker thornton pavelski

marleau courture donskoi

hertl tierney ward

zubrus karlson wingels 

martin burns

MEV braun 

dillion schlemko

jones

(Unknown) kopitar gaborik

Pearson Carter toffoli 

brown (unknown) purcell

king shore Lewis 

mcnabb doughty

muzzin greene 

scuderi gilbert

quick

domi vermette duclair

reider hanzal doan 

mcginn richardson sekac 

martinook vitale chipchura 

OEL Murphy 

goglioski michalek

connauton stone 

smith

As u go through these lines u should be able to see that the Canucks definitely do have a chance, and if not this year definitely in the future. I invite u to look at this website called hockey's future as it shows teams prospects and their rating of becoming a pro. The Canucks have better prospects than a lot of teams in their division. So lighten up! Tell me what u guys think about my assessment, is it fair? I'm also open to doing another thread about how the Canucks lineup and prospects match up to other teams outside the division if u guys wants. Anyways have an awesome day!! On a couple days till the weekend!!! 

More so Acquilinis refusing to rebuild than Benning. This team needs a rebuild.

Anyways Jim is a good GM at drafting. Boeser, Juolevi and Demko are nice picks, but none are franchise changing talents. They should all be good players (IMO Boeser ends up like a Okposo, Juolevi a good #2, Demko a legit starter).

Jim hasn't done too much wrong other than picking Virtanen too high.  Columbus has far worse management as far as I'm concerned. Avs as well.  

Holy wall of text Batman!

Who are these "Canuck fans" you're referring to? 

The kids on CDC who create who think that running a team is like playing NHL 16? The kids who are on summer vacation and think that every thought that comes into their head MUST be a new thread on CDC? Or the new CDC'er whose thread to post ratio is 10:1, which wouldn't be so bad if the threads were created with all synapses blasting away instead of brain dead "How Long.." threads.

The rest of us aren't those fans.

8 minutes ago, orcasgonewild said:

I AM CALM!! DONT TELL ME TO CALM DOWN!! Lol jk

but seriously... 

U should give it a read, I just wanna know if I bring up good points :)

It was a survey of 200 fans across the NHL (and we all know how much other team fan's hate the Canucks.  Can't imagine many of them were Nuck fans.  Calm Down:P

18 minutes ago, Screw said:

"Canucks are 30th in fan confidence"

46 years and no cup will do that.

Anyhow, I am excited.

We will win in our 50th annaversery season. We will start watching exciting hockey again next season. Playoffs baby! 

#2020 Canucks

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

6 roster players remaining from Gillis regime, but two years ago.  Please define "rebuild" if this is not it.

Move on from the Sedins, Edler. Blow it up to the core. Rebuild like Buffalo/Toronto.

Both have young franchise centers, potential top 5 players.
Both have promising young defensemen with #1 potential.
Both have other elite level pieces (Marner, Reinhart)

Archived