The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WHY CANT "CANUCKS FANS" SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE!!!!

The big picture is that this is a team in "T R A N S I T I O N" meaning that it is going to take time to rebuild while also trying to stay competitive, not easy! So that being said, patience and alot of fan support will be required, in all honesty i see this transition as exciting, it has been fun to watch so far, Benning and Linden have a plan, and we are starting to see it come to life, so eveyone take a deeep breath, now exhale, not to much longer, maybe a couple of seasons, and we will be back in contention. So lets just sit back, enjoy with eager anticipation, and watch our new core grow into a cut contender.

17 hours ago, bleedblue2017 said:

The big picture is that this is a team in "T R A N S I T I O N" meaning that it is going to take time to rebuild while also trying to stay competitive, not easy! So that being said, patience and alot of fan support will be required, in all honesty i see this transition as exciting, it has been fun to watch so far, Benning and Linden have a plan, and we are starting to see it come to life, so eveyone take a deeep breath, now exhale, not to much longer, maybe a couple of seasons, and we will be back in contention. So lets just sit back, enjoy with eager anticipation, and watch our new core grow into a cut contender.

For those poster's like myself that have seen this rodeo more than a few times, maybe is a word for not happening, or buy tickets based upon ramped up and/or perceived potential.

And contention? For what? A wild card spot? They are already in contention for a wild card spot, at least until February.

How can sooo many posters have blinders on? It isn't just this team in the league. Where this team ends up is also dependent upon what other teams do as well.

Toronto tried for 4 decades to rebuild and remain competitive at the same time, sure they sold plenty of tickets by signing big name players, hiring high profile coaches and GM's. There best success was with a guy that got fired by a non involved owner out here, Quinn. That Canuck team was run by a bean counter and owner that hardly ever showed up.

For TO, it wasn't until they were bought by an owner that demanded more than just mediocrity. They got the best management at every position in the league and then blew it up (tanked), because that's what works. Better to put up with two bad seasons planned for than having bad season's that just happen.

1 hour ago, TheGuardian_ said:

For those poster's like myself that have seen this rodeo more than a few times, maybe is a word for not happening, or buy tickets based upon ramped up and/or perceived potential.

And contention? For what? A wild card spot? They are already in contention for a wild card spot, at least until February.

How can sooo many posters have blinders on? It isn't just this team in the league. Where this team ends up is also dependent upon what other teams do as well.

Toronto tried for 4 decades to rebuild and remain competitive at the same time, sure they sold plenty of tickets by signing big name players, hiring high profile coaches and GM's. There best success was with a guy that got fired by a non involved owner out here, Quinn. That Canuck team was run by a bean counter and owner that hardly ever showed up.

For TO, it wasn't until they were bought by an owner that demanded more than just mediocrity. They got the best management at every position in the league and then blew it up (tanked), because that's what works. Better to put up with two bad seasons planned for than having bad season's that just happen.

I agree with your last point. 

We finished third last last year. It was a horrible year. If we only lost a few more games (by design), we would be sitting here with Auston Matthews instead of Juolevi (is a fantastic player in his own right). There is a big difference between a top pairing guy, maybe a low end #1Dman like Juoelvi projects to be (top 20-25 in the league IMO) and a guy like Matthews who our own GM Benning described as a franchise centerman and a Tavares type with better skating (said that to Dreger). 

Does finishing third last make it any more embarrassing than losing a couple more games than finishing last?

I got jumped all over for having that opinion, and that's fine, but losing only a couple more games on the end would have been really worth it. 

On 7/13/2016 at 4:34 PM, MJDDawg said:

Holy wall of text Batman!

Who are these "Canuck fans" you're referring to? 

The kids on CDC who create who think that running a team is like playing NHL 16? The kids who are on summer vacation and think that every thought that comes into their head MUST be a new thread on CDC? Or the new CDC'er whose thread to post ratio is 10:1, which wouldn't be so bad if the threads were created with all synapses blasting away instead of brain dead "How Long.." threads.

The rest of us aren't those fans.

Milk flying out as I ate my Cheerios, that was spot on.

• -SN- locked this topic

Archived