The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article)Nintendo to Release original 'mini' Console

Tre Mac

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Sorry I don't start many threads but what do you fellow old school gamers think?  Really wish River City Ransom was included because I would most definitely get this.  And if anyone brings up Pokémon in this thread I will hunt you down.

I still have my Atari 2600 with the faux woodgrain console and Sega Genesis. The mini will be the first system I have bought since the Sega. Can't wait.

Does this mean I am going through a mid-life crisis and will soon buy a Corvette and start wearing deck shoes?

Yeah it sucks that it cannot be updated but if it sells well than I am sure they'll see that there is huge potential to bring back a SNES version too and make them both able to update their catalogue.  Still this is relatively cheap.

45 minutes ago, jono2009 said:

for $59 USD, its a great buy. Even if you can't expand more games on it, its a bargain to have

I just found out there is no plans to expand the game library- no external storage/wifi or game cartrage device.  Ah well, there's enough fun included I might still go for it

I pulled my original NES out a couple weeks ago and was playing Blades of Steel and Mario Bros. I heard about this and thought it was cool, but heard it's $79.99 Canadian, $59 American. Still they're going to sell a lot guarantee, I'll probably end up buying one anyways. Some good games on that list, definitely much cheaper then going out and buying them or finding them, and that work.

7 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I pulled my original NES out a couple weeks ago and was playing Blades of Steel and Mario Bros. I heard about this and thought it was cool, but heard it's $79.99 Canadian, $59 American. Still they're going to sell a lot guarantee, I'll probably end up buying one anyways. Some good games on that list, definitely much cheaper then going out and buying them or finding them, and that work.

That's it? Thought for sure it would be at least a hundred. But if that's the price (1 new PS4 game) then I'm definitely in.

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

That's it? Thought for sure it would be at least a hundred. But if that's the price (1 new PS4 game) then I'm definitely in.

Yeah it's not that bad, just kind of wished like others have said it would be compatible for more games to add on in the future, but doesn't sound like it. I was looking to buy super Mario bros 2 and 3, but doesn't look like I will need to now.

Little tip for anyone actually interested in buying NES original games, Vancouver Flea Market has a section just for video games. Although I did some looking around at other sellers there and found a seller who had blades of steel she was selling and talked her down to $4! It was a steal.

On 7/16/2016 at 9:40 AM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Yeah it's not that bad, just kind of wished like others have said it would be compatible for more games to add on in the future, but doesn't sound like it. I was looking to buy super Mario bros 2 and 3, but doesn't look like I will need to now.

Little tip for anyone actually interested in buying NES original games, Vancouver Flea Market has a section just for video games. Although I did some looking around at other sellers there and found a seller who had blades of steel she was selling and talked her down to $4! It was a steal.

She either has no clue about NES games or has a box full of Blades of Steel...boxed versions can go for $100+!

Archived