The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article)Nintendo to Release original 'mini' Console

Tre Mac

On 11/12/2016 at 4:38 PM, SabreFan1 said:

yeah it was sold out fast and highly sought after. If your TV can handle it though, still prefer the originals! Maybe it's getting too expensive now, but an emulator + short cords + limited to X amount of games on said emulator is nothing like the real thing. :)

13 hours ago, Moonshinefe said:

yeah it was sold out fast and highly sought after. If your TV can handle it though, still prefer the originals! Maybe it's getting too expensive now, but an emulator + short cords + limited to X amount of games on said emulator is nothing like the real thing. :)

I can play every NES game ever created on my MAME cabinets.  When was the last time you used an NES emulator?  All of the 8 and 16-bit console games are nearly perfectly emulated. 

Nintendo itself is emulating the NES with this new mini-console.

7 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

I can play every NES game ever created on my MAME cabinets.  When was the last time you used an NES emulator?  All of the 8 and 16-bit console games are nearly perfectly emulated. 

Nintendo itself is emulating the NES with this new mini-console.

Oh I use emulators all the time too, and agree they're very good for the earlier gen systems. Not perfect, but close to it. It's just not quite the same experience without the original controllers and hardware. I realize not everyone cares about that, but to each their own.

• 2 weeks later...

So rumor is Nintendo won't be making anymore of the mini and are concentrating on the Switch now only. Regarding stock there will be some more sent out because they want to get ride of them all, but won't make anymore. They say it's because of the Switch, but that's just timing, I really believe it's because hackers hacked the mini to add up to 50 more games on it and Nintendo screwed up.

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

So rumor is Nintendo won't be making anymore of the mini and are concentrating on the Switch now only. Regarding stock there will be some more sent out because they want to get ride of them all, but won't make anymore. They say it's because of the Switch, but that's just timing, I really believe it's because hackers hacked the mini to add up to 50 more games on it and Nintendo screwed up.

Where are you getting this from? Nintendo's Reggie already said they will meet the demand, which implies continued production, or that they have enough already made to meet any sort of demand. They also have the Mini SNES in production too. I don't think Nintendo is going to curb the Mini line because of hackers...

17 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

Where are you getting this from? Nintendo's Reggie already said they will meet the demand, which implies continued production, or that they have enough already made to meet any sort of demand. They also have the Mini SNES in production too. I don't think Nintendo is going to curb the Mini line because of hackers...

Well tbh I can't find the report I read last week about it, but your right according to Nintendo now they're going to produce more, but their main concern is the Switch. So that is some good news they will continue with it, and yes you'd think they would stay committed to it especially with a SNES mini coming next.

Just found it weird how last week I read a report about them not, and then someone at EB Games told my mother the exact same thing on Thursday, that they weren't going to make anymore and just concentrate on the Switch.

14 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

Not sure why people are spending ridiculous amounts for this.  Purchased 2 USB Nintendo controllers off of eBay for under $20 bucks. Emulator is free as are all the games.

Gamers are nothing if not lazy.  Push a button to start a system with one hand while eating potato chips with another.

An emulator takes some minimum setup.

• 2 weeks later...

The new release of the hakchi2 NES modding tool supports to install over 800 ROMs on the NES Classic Edition console. Updated.

The NES Classic Edition mod to install other games than the pre-installed ones has just gotten a lot better. The developer of hakchi2 has released hakchi2 2.11, enabling NES owners to install over 800 games.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/b.marfeel.com/www.i4u.com/2017/01/120018/now-nes-classic-supports-over-600-games%3fmarfeeltn=amp

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

The new release of the hakchi2 NES modding tool supports to install over 800 ROMs on the NES Classic Edition console. Updated.

The NES Classic Edition mod to install other games than the pre-installed ones has just gotten a lot better. The developer of hakchi2 has released hakchi2 2.11, enabling NES owners to install over 800 games.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/b.marfeel.com/www.i4u.com/2017/01/120018/now-nes-classic-supports-over-600-games%3fmarfeeltn=amp

I knew about the one that got it to 84, but I had no idea this hack existed.  Nice find!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/15/2017 at 11:31 AM, GLASSJAW said:

Just going back a bit regarding this story, this story was published yesterday.

The resurgence of NES Classic Mini stock comes after it was claimed that Nintendo had ended NES production and would send out final shipments in the spring. 

Nintendo put these rumours to bed last week, confirming that it has not ceased production on the hugely popular Mini NES and these new stock increases look to have cemented those statements.

"Production for the Nintendo Classic Mini: NES continues, and NOE [Nintendo of Europe] will continue to ship units to retail on a regular basis."

The announcement tallies with comments made recently by Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima.

Kimishima recently told investors why the NES Classic Edition console has proved so difficult to produce in higher quantities, while also apologising for the store shortages.

"In November last year, we brought back the nostalgic Famicom and NES home consoles in palm-sized versions and shipped the entire quantity of Nintendo Classic Mini Family Computer units we initially prepared for each market." explained Kimishima.

"We apologise to our consumers and retail partners for the inconvenience caused by product shortages.

"Some parts require time to procure, but we are working to increase production.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/tech/gaming/588807/Nintendo-NES-Classic-Mini-Update-New-stock-CONFIRMED-in-GAME-Tesco-and-Smyths

• 1 month later...

Well it's official the classic is done in North America :picard:

Nintendo cancels NES Classic production in North America

Nintendo has announced it is discontinuing the NES Classic, a bite-sized version of the Nintendo Entertainment System from the 1980s that became one of the 2016 holiday season's most-wanted and hardest-to-find items.

The Japanese games company said in a statement to gaming site IGN Thursday that "the last shipment … for this year" will be sent out to retailers sometime this month.

http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4070179

14 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well it's official the classic is done in North America :picard:

Nintendo cancels NES Classic production in North America

Nintendo has announced it is discontinuing the NES Classic, a bite-sized version of the Nintendo Entertainment System from the 1980s that became one of the 2016 holiday season's most-wanted and hardest-to-find items.

The Japanese games company said in a statement to gaming site IGN Thursday that "the last shipment … for this year" will be sent out to retailers sometime this month.

http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4070179

Made too much money? Caught wind that the wold was ending? Making guns for ww3 instead? I need answers.

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Made too much money? Caught wind that the wold was ending? Making guns for ww3 instead? I need answers.

Not sure but I believe it has something to do with all the hacking going on for the systems, and the sales of the Switch that's all they care about right now unfortunately.

12 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Not sure but I believe it has something to do with all the hacking going on for the systems, and the sales of the Switch that's all they care about right now unfortunately.

Gunna try to get my hands on one I guess.

Wish me luck

3 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Gunna try to get my hands on one I guess.

Wish me luck

Good luck! I've been holding onto a Best Buy gift card in hopes to buy it but I guess that ain't happening disappointed. Not willing to spend more then $100, so probably not going to get one, probably look into a 3rd party type console where games can be uploaded to it...

15 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Good luck! I've been holding onto a Best Buy gift card in hopes to buy it but I guess that ain't happening disappointed. Not willing to spend more then $100, so probably not going to get one, probably look into a 3rd party type console where games can be uploaded to it...

I picked up an origional nes with zabber and controller in pristine condition for 30 bucks about a months back so this would be just icing on the cake if I found one. 

Archived