The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article)Nintendo to Release original 'mini' Console

Tre Mac

5 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

I picked up an origional nes with zabber and controller in pristine condition for 30 bucks about a months back so this would be just icing on the cake if I found one. 

Wow that's a great deal you mean Zapper right? I own my original NES from 25 years ago, but lost all my games from my stupid Uncle, didn't want to invest in buying all the games separately again and wanted this mini console, much cheaper investment for $80 obviously.

6 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Wow that's a great deal you mean Zapper right? I own my original NES from 25 years ago, but lost all my games from my stupid Uncle, didn't want to invest in buying all the games separately again and wanted this mini console, much cheaper investment for $80 obviously.

Yeah sorry zapper. 

Well instead of continuing the NES Classic, sounds like they will go ahead with a SNES classic probably around winter time again my guess.

Just days after confirming the end of the obscenely popular NES Classic, Nintendo appears to be working on a Super Nintendo follow-up.

According to Eurogamer, “sources close to the company” say the miniature replica will be ready to hit store shelves in time for the holiday season and that planned production of the device was a factor in the NES Classic’s rather unceremonious exit.

Nintendo has not confirmed the report, so any details on games that would be included with the miniature SNES are strictly speculation. However, some of the console’s most successful and beloved games include the likes of Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, Chrono Trigger and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

http://m.metronews.ca/#/article/life/technology/2017/04/19/nintendo-nes-classic-scrapped-snes-classic-planned.html

8 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well instead of continuing the NES Classic, sounds like they will go ahead with a SNES classic probably around winter time again my guess.

Just days after confirming the end of the obscenely popular NES Classic, Nintendo appears to be working on a Super Nintendo follow-up.

According to Eurogamer, “sources close to the company” say the miniature replica will be ready to hit store shelves in time for the holiday season and that planned production of the device was a factor in the NES Classic’s rather unceremonious exit.

Nintendo has not confirmed the report, so any details on games that would be included with the miniature SNES are strictly speculation. However, some of the console’s most successful and beloved games include the likes of Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, Chrono Trigger and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

http://m.metronews.ca/#/article/life/technology/2017/04/19/nintendo-nes-classic-scrapped-snes-classic-planned.html

Hmmm, who could have predicted that over 9 months ago....  master%20race%20emoji.png

On 7/14/2016 at 7:15 PM, SabreFan1 said:

I already have 3 MAME cabinets to play anything I want with just about any arcade and previous generation console game ever created.  I'll pass but I hope it works out well for Nintendo.  If it does other systems will follow.

SNES classic would be awesome. As much as I love the NES, the best gaming memories for me were in the SNES.

Some games I would want

Super Mario World

Yoshi's Island

Donkey Kong Country

Donkey Kong Country 2

Donkey Kong Country 3

Earthbound

Super Metroid

Super Mario Kart

Illusion of Gaia

Final Fantasy IV

Final Fantasy VI 

Secret of Mana

Chrono Trigger

Super Mario RPG

Aerobiz: Super Sonic

Sim City

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Super Mario All Stars

TMNT: Turtles in Time 

Mega Man X

Mega Man X2

Mega Man X3

Secret of Evermore 

Demon's Crest

Super Castlevania IV

• 3 weeks later...

Aaaaand, they're gone.

Just found out this evening after checking in at WalMart regularly for months that Nintendo has discontinued production of the classic edition game console, and I never got one. Very pissed right now.

Edit: I thought this was news but upon reading some of the above comments obviously it's not.

• 3 months later...

If any of you lazy son of a guns want to make your own mini NES, I'll help you over the board.  Here's 2 places where you can buy a case for it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074DSXF7F/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_rfTPzb9C3W1G5

https://cnmego.en.alibaba.com/product/60683983537-805265160/Newest_NESPi_Case_For_RASPBERRY_PI3_PI2_PI1_Model_B_Game_Case.html?spm=a2700.8304367.prewdfa4cf.2.73152c541eXEea

(from China)(You can negotiate the minimum buy down to 5 and sell the extra 4 cases on eBay for a profit)

In the end it will cost you a but more than the Nintendo one, but you'll be able to put every game Nintendo ever made on it.  NES and SNES.

7 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

If any of you lazy son of a guns want to make your own mini NES, I'll help you over the board.  Here's 2 places where you can buy a case for it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074DSXF7F/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_rfTPzb9C3W1G5

https://cnmego.en.alibaba.com/product/60683983537-805265160/Newest_NESPi_Case_For_RASPBERRY_PI3_PI2_PI1_Model_B_Game_Case.html?spm=a2700.8304367.prewdfa4cf.2.73152c541eXEea

(from China)(You can negotiate the minimum buy down to 5 and sell the extra 4 cases on eBay for a profit)

In the end it will cost you a but more than the Nintendo one, but you'll be able to put every game Nintendo ever made on it.  NES and SNES.

That's really cool.  I just hooked up my ps4 controller to my pc to see what this master race is all aboot.

21 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

For emulation or actual PC games?

For now just pc games.  As cool as old school console games were, I would probably get bored pretty quickly after the nostalgia wears off.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2017 at 6:44 AM, Tre Mac said:

For now just pc games.  As cool as old school console games were, I would probably get bored pretty quickly after the nostalgia wears off.

I have the FamicomMini.... played it tons for the first couple of months.  Haven't really played with it since.  

I noticed my reaction time is way slower than when I was a kid.  I can't even seem to beat RockMan/MegaMan 2 anymore.  Ninja Gaiden or Castlevania... no hope at all.

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 8:10 AM, SabreFan1 said:

The rumours of the demise of the NES Classic were greatly exaggerated... (ie. Nintendo realized that they were leaving $$ on the table by discontinuing it).  More will be made available next summer.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/12/nes-classic-returning-to-stores-snes-classic-stock-increased

That's good news.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎01‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:41 AM, SabreFan1 said:

The fact that the SNES mini runs on the same hardware as its predecessor has a number of implications. Among them, we can expect hackers to be looking to exploit the system in short order to add new games - exactly what happened with the NES mini. And secondly, the use of what is essentially the same technology makes it much easier for Nintendo to resume NES mini production. Previously, Nintendo confirmed that a new run of consoles will arrive next summer, while SNES mini console stock will continue to roll out up to Christmas and into 2018. Settling on a common internal hardware design opens up economies of scale for the platform holder.

Good news?!?

Archived