The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Article] Benning seeking 2nd line left winger to take pressure off Baertschi

Ossi Vaananen

On 2016-07-19 at 4:26 PM, flickyoursedin said:

I think the perception fans view on players is bias to their own thoughts of a player. I get that Kane didn't get along with Byfuglien but really is Byfuglien the greatest example of a good character guy. Really sit down with a guy and show him the ways don't call him out and throw his clothes in the shower. When I see current players on Kanes team tweeting and praising that they're happy he's on their team I'd have to believe them to a degree that he's at least wanted by his teammates.

Well, he just screwed up again; enough to get arrested.  Did that have anything to do with Byfuglien?  I think that there is more than just a personal feud going on here.  This guy just oozes a bad attitude and now he's going to have to defend that in a court of law and not just here on the chat forums.  GCG!

http://www.tsn.ca/evander-kane-arrested-by-buffalo-police-1.531000

• 3 months later...
On 15/07/2016 at 11:00 AM, Ossi Vaananen said:

The link: http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/benning-seeking-second-line-left-winger-to-take-pressure-off-baertschi?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The article:

I don't think this was posted, though it was written yesterday. He has Rodin penciled in, though it seems Benning wants a surefire bet. Maybe this is where all the Hudler/Shipachyov talk is coming from. 

Mathew Tkatchuk?

On 15/07/2016 at 11:00 AM, Ossi Vaananen said:

Ben Kuzma talks to Canucks general manager Jim Benning about the search for a left winger.

Jim Benning doesn’t have a crystal ball.

If he did, the Vancouver Canucks’ general manager might see a clear vision of what’s required to bolster his NHL club. He would see a winger with size, edge and scoring ability.

Doesn't Tkatchuk fit this description above to a tee...?

If this was what he was after most then he missed it when it fell in his lap at the draft table...

Archived