The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) 2 HUGE trades:

The Canucks were in on Lucic but Milan thought better of Edmonton. So knowing the Canucks are looking for a power forward that can play and knowing how limited the Canucks are with chips to play, it is time to complete the overhaul. Obviously the Sedins and Eriksson are a line but who's on the second line? Sutter and Hansen, this would be a terrible idea because teams would just have to focus on the Sedins and once again our team misses the playoffs. So here are the 2 trades I hope JB would pull off. 

1. Edler (NTC- I know but if the team indicates they would like to move on without him, do you think he'll want to play here?)

Baerstchi

for

C. Krieder(NYR)

2nd-2017

2.Sutter (Teams covet this guy as he plays a coplete 200' game and will get 20 goals a season)

Sbisa(we retain 50% salary)

for

M.Duchene

Our new look lines are,

Sedin    Sedin    Eriksson

Krieder   Duchene   Hansen

Etem    Horvat    Virtanen

Gaunce   Granlund   Dorsett

Boeser will make the team next year and might even be in the lineup at the end of the season, he will take Hansen's spot.

Obviously, Burrows needs to be moved, he might eveb be part of the Krieder deal as AV loves him.

Also, we can clearly see the succession plan here for when the Sedins leave.

Thoughts?

Do you really think Brandon Sutter and Luca Sbisa could fetch Matt Duchene? Why is every trade proposal on this forum under the impression that GMs everywhere think their best players are expendable and Luca Sbisa has unlimited untapped potential? 

Crap. 

(Proposal) not Speculation. 

I'd love to get Kreider but I can't get my head around why NYR would you give you a 25 year old, 6'3 forward with wheels and physicality, someone who scored 20 goals each of past two seasons + has a 17 goals season and is someone who can turn a game or series plus a 2nd round pick for a smallish winger who's only 1.5 years younger and only had 15 goals last season, his first full season in the NHL? This is a horrible proposal. 

Kreider will get the Rangers a lot more than Baertschi, especially if they add a 2nd. 

I don't think your second trade is realistic at all either but you never know about that mgmt team in COL. They really might be the worst in the NHL. 

As soon as I saw "Speculation" I assumed Benning was possibly about to do something. But this is just a wish list idea, or proposal. I do like the look of that 2nd line though. NY seems to be a big metropolitan city Elder would love to live in, and he would play for AV again. We may have to throw more in to get Duchene.

1 hour ago, zzbottom said:

Do you really think Brandon Sutter and Luca Sbisa could fetch Matt Duchene? Why is every trade proposal on this forum under the impression that GMs everywhere think their best players are expendable and Luca Sbisa has unlimited untapped potential? 

Crap. 

Too bad we didn't keep Vey.  Sbisa, Vey and a first could have had a good run on these boards......

35 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i have this sinking feeling that benning is looking at kane....don't know what it would take,,,maybe a 1st round pick, a salary and a prospect...

As much as I would love to have the hockey skilled player that Kane can be, his off ice antics are the opposite of what Benning is looking for in a player. I would be pretty shocked if JB traded to get Kane. But, that being said, JB would do his homework and determine if Kane is worth the risk. It's easy as fans to read news reports of things he's done and then judge him on that, but it's another to sit across from him and have a discussion. JB will make the right call.

OK let's go total reset for both teams:

To VAN: Landeskog, Duchene, Barrie

To COL: Tanev, Edler, Sutter, Virtanen, 2017 1st.

ROY: "How 'bouts we meet affway huh?

JB: "Cool. I'll see you in Spokane then. Do I bring the players with me or just the paperwork?"

how about..

TO VAN:

Duchene and Barrie

TO COL:

Tanev + Sutter + Virtanen + 2017 2nd

Duchene = Tanev + 2017 2nd

Barrie = Sutter + Virtanen

Sedin - Sedin - Erikkson

(LW via trade) - Duchene - Hansen

Baertschi - Horvat - Etem

Granlund - Gaunce - Dorsett

Edler - Barrie