The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your favorite fruit just got hitched!

73 Percent

8 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Can I ask what your career is that has you thinking of retiring that early? Also how old are you (ball park is fine) . I'm quite curious, you have peaked my interest.

the short of it is, when I was a teen, a well connected family friend got me a chance play as a fill in drummer for a big band who's drummer has a pretty hefty drug problem.    That turned into me working as a fill in making great money for a couple years.   After that I started working as a studio drummer. I would get flown around to record and/or write with bands.

I did a lot of drum clinics as well.  

I still do a bit of touring, but most stay on the coast now. I work for a major label(which owns a bunch of small ones) and now I'm more or less a scout for them.   

I made a property investment when I was young that really worked out as well.

It won't be one of those luxurious retirements.  That's for sure. Hahah

But I don't need much. My cabin and fishing boat is all I need to be happy. 

3 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

the short of it is, when I was a teen, a well connected family friend got me a chance play as a fill in drummer for a big band who's drummer has a pretty hefty drug problem.    That turned into me working as a fill in making great money for a couple years.   After that I started working as a studio drummer. I would get flown around to record and/or write with bands.

I did a lot of drum clinics as well.  

I still do a bit of touring, but most stay on the coast now. I work for a major label(which owns a bunch of small ones) and now I'm more or less a scout for them.   

I made a property investment when I was young that really worked out as well.

It won't be one of those luxurious retirements.  That's for sure. Hahah

But I don't need much. My cabin and fishing boat is all I need to be happy. 

What about a dog?  How can a man be happy without a best friend, especially a man with a cabin and a boat?  You gotta have a dog.

Archived