Baer Sutter Rodin

Etem Gaunce Hansen/dorsett

waive Burrows

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Trymakin Larsen/Biega

Markstrom

Miller

I have no idea why the Leafs would do this, unless it's to dump JVR. They already have plenty of centers and left wings so they don't really need Granlund or Cassels at all. If anything they could use a legit right winger but otherwise they don't need more forwards.

Sbisa might actually help them a bit, but if defence is what they want they could get someone better in return for JVR in more of a one for one trade.

Come on CDC, you can do better than this.

Matthews, Bozak, Kadri are easily better than Granlund, and Brooks Laich should still be a solid 4th C.
Rielly and Gardiner are their D building blocks and Polak came back to town so Sbisa could help defensively (not too familiar about the depth guys on the Leafs blue line so lemme know if I'm missing any potential top-4 guys e.g. Marincin?)
Cassels had a rough season (2-5-7 in 67 games, -17) and would be negligible in terms of value

At best, only the 2nd and Sbisa have value in your offer.  It MIGHT increase value to add Richard Bachman to the deal since the Leafs are looking for a backup goalie?

Meanwhile J.v.R. is signed to a bargain deal ($4.25 million cap for a season where he scored 0.725 p.p.g. = 59 points in 82 games) and he's still likely in the prime of his career... what makes you think Sweet Lou would be ready to let a prime building block like him go for scraps? 

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

4th line center, third pairing defenceman and a prospect coming off of a 2 goal season for a top line winger?   Please respond to my comment and tell me why this is a good idea for the leafs?

Those two goals were amazing tho

5 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Come on CDC, you can do better than this.

Matthews, Bozak, Kadri are easily better than Granlund, and Brooks Laich should still be a solid 4th C.
Rielly and Gardiner are their D building blocks and Polak came back to town so Sbisa could help defensively (not too familiar about the depth guys on the Leafs blue line so lemme know if I'm missing any potential top-4 guys e.g. Marincin?)
Cassels had a rough season (2-5-7 in 67 games, -17) and would be negligible in terms of value

At best, only the 2nd and Sbisa have value in your offer.  It MIGHT increase value to add Richard Bachman to the deal since the Leafs are looking for a backup goalie?

Meanwhile J.v.R. is signed to a bargain deal ($4.25 million cap for a season where he scored 0.725 p.p.g. = 59 points in 82 games) and he's still likely in the prime of his career... what makes you think Sweet Lou would be ready to let a prime building block like him go for scraps? 

challenge accepted!

To Toronto 

Columbus 2nd round pick 2018

To Vancouver

Corrado

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

I'd even go as high as 8 or 9 if it got us Matthews. Clearly at least some of those players would be improvements for their NHL team.

What about something like our next 30 years of 4th and 5th round picks.

7 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

4th line center, third pairing defenceman and a prospect coming off of a 2 goal season for a top line winger?   Please respond to my comment and tell me why this is a good idea for the leafs?

The Canucks under JB will NEVER trade for a floater one way - super soft - winger, who is one of the most selfish players in the league.  Any trade removing JVR and his contract from the Leafs, while returning two young centres and a very serviceable defenceman with some bite who is also young is a GREAT trade for the Leafs.  My goodness, have you watched JVR off the puck?  He's horrific!  

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The Canucks under JB will NEVER trade for a floater one way - super soft - winger, who is one of the most selfish players in the league.  Any trade removing JVR and his contract from the Leafs, while returning two young centres and a very serviceable defenceman with some bite who is also young is a GREAT trade for the Leafs.  My goodness, have you watched JVR off the puck?  He's horrific!  

Pyatt 2.0?

8 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

The Leafs are following the Edmonton model by accumulating several first overall picks, so they are essentially tanking for Nolan Patrick...

Archived