The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Grenier: NHL or AHL?

Sean Avery

Grenier: NHL or AHL?  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I see the potential in Grenier's game but at this moment in time he doesn't fit on the team. Alot of people say take Dorsett out for Grenier but I say that's a mistake. we're in the big bad west and especially in the pacific division you need that toughness that Dors brings. He's a good injury call up and I think still has a shot to be a future 3rd line player on our team but not THIS season. That being said I love the guy and hope he does well I want to see him on the big club one day as a regular

3 minutes ago, Nex is my ex said:

I see the potential in Grenier's game but at this moment in time he doesn't fit on the team. Alot of people say take Dorsett out for Grenier but I say that's a mistake. we're in the big bad west and especially in the pacific division you need that toughness that Dors brings. He's a good injury call up and I think still has a shot to be a future NHLer on our team but not this season. That being said I love the guy and hope he does well I want to see him on the big club one day as a regular

In my opinion, him and Pedan are the perfect future 4th/3rd line guys to have on our team.

1 minute ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

I'd take Etem and Gaunce over Grenier any day.

Gaunce will probably play on the 4th line C position and Etem on the 3rd line RW or LW position. How about the 4th line RW position?

5 minutes ago, Sean Avery said:

Gaunce will probably play on the 4th line C position and Etem on the 3rd line RW or LW position. How about the 4th line RW position?

Maybe if Rodin and Virtanen both don't make the team. I don't see any scenario where Granlund isn't our 4C.

13 minutes ago, Odjick_fan said:

Dorsett is 29 years old - 6'0" 192 lbs 

Grenier is 24 years old - 6'4" 209 lbs

Our only tallest Canuck forward is 6'3" Sutter

You forgot about Gudbranson, Pedan, and Tryamkin...

18 minutes ago, Sean Avery said:

No way he makes center. Center and goaltending are the only places the canucks are relatively "deep". He's not very fast, that is it appears he's exactly opposite Dorsett.  

Guys don't seem to get that Linden,  Benning and dejardains absolutely love the hard working "character guy" Dorsett. 

3 minutes ago, PrinceGeorgeGoon said:

No way he makes center. Center and goaltending are the only places the canucks are relatively "deep". He's not very fast, that is it appears he's exactly opposite Dorsett.  

Guys don't seem to get that Linden,  Benning and dejardains absolutely love the hard working "character guy" Dorsett. 

lol Grenier not fast?

maybe watch some of his highlights, blew by couple defenders in one highlight

I didn't vote because I'm torn. I believe Grenier is an NHL caliber role player and ideally he would be on our 4th line to start the year, but the odds are probably against it. It's more likely that he finds himself on waivers to start the season unless JB feels Virtanen needs some AHL seasoning (which I would be in favour of) or if one of our wingers go down to injury. 

I think if the Canucks had not acquired Derek Dorsett, it would be Alexandre Grenier's spot. Dorsett still has three years remaining, so I don't see Grenier taking that spot unless there is an injury or they move Dorsett. It's tough, but I think it would be better for his development if he's down in the AHL.

Archived