The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Report: Europe looks like landing spot for Vrbata (Kuzma/TSN 1040)

From 30 goal scoring star to unwanted in the space of a year.  Talk about a rapidly depreciating asset!!

Perhaps a lesson on why the Canucks should be considering moving other non-star assets like Hansen and Edler for younger guys with potential so they will be ready when our kids take over?

Hated his play last year, but I do think he's still a serviceable NHL player. He'll easily give you scoring depth and pot you 15-20 goals with better line-mates.

Hopefully he gets an NHL contract. There's reports saying he is talking with 4 teams. He's still a useful player.

From what I hear and read, it sounds like Vrbata is the last person to know this.  It was reported yesterday he was in talks with 4 teams, Arizona being one of them.  http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1061188?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I bet he could make more money in Europe, so I think it will come down to whether Vrbata will take a huge pay cut to stay in the best league in the world.  Given how he mailed it in last season, I doubt it.  Either someone overpays, or Kuz is right.  I think the real question is, will it be KHL or Czech league.

16 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Hated his play last year, but I do think he's still a serviceable NHL player. He'll easily give you scoring depth and pot you 15-20 goals with better line-mates.

I think the problem with Vrbata is/was that he needs players around him to make him better. In a guy who you want to score 25-35 a year, he needs to have a little more to his game. Vrbata showed that last season with his poor goal totals. 

What drove me nuts last season was watching him take low percentage shots that had no chance of generating any type of scoring chance.

Hmmmm... I've got him locked up for two more years at 4aav in CDCP... not sure if I want him to go to europe so I can open up an extra cap or if hope he signs with a competitor and rebounds at the 4mill for two years. 

I think I'll be ok either way... probably leaning towards him going to europe so I get the extra cap though =/ 

Gonna need that extra cap so I can lock up the Bone Show long term and continue pounding @oldnews @Baer. in the division :lol:;) 

Just now, apollo said:

Gonna need that extra cap so I can lock up the Bone Show long term and continue pounding @oldnews @Baer. in the division :lol:;) 

Virtually no one out here - in the forums - have any idea what you're going on about apollo and probably don't care.

Might want to save the weak trash talk for our fantasy thread - and good luck with that btw.

29 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Virtually no one out here - in the forums - have any idea what you're going on about apollo and probably don't care.

Might want to save the weak trash talk for our fantasy thread - and good luck with that btw.

You really can't take a small joke can u... :| 

Be a little more chill 

26 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Not really a report - it's Kuzma guessing what may be in the cards for him - not as though he's pretending to have any source updating him with any real information.

agreed..its just Kuzmas take on it..he probably doesnt know much more than some of us,, but he will tell you he does.

48 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Hopefully he gets an NHL contract. There's reports saying he is talking with 4 teams. He's still a useful player.

I agree. He is certainly still serviceable in the NHL. He never got paired with the Sedins last year so it was impossible to expect him to pick up where he left off. He is the type of player that needs to know he is sticking on the same line and staying there so he can study the tape, and build that chemistry. Yes, that's very one dimensional so that goes against him. I could see him going to Arizona but I do not see a deal over 2.5 million. 

1 hour ago, Jamie Huscroft said:

Without being able to listen to it just now, is he reporting Vrbata will sign in Europe or speculating that's where he'll end up?

52 minutes ago, Raymond Luxury Yacht said:

From what I hear and read, it sounds like Vrbata is the last person to know this.  It was reported yesterday he was in talks with 4 teams, Arizona being one of them.  http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1061188?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I bet he could make more money in Europe, so I think it will come down to whether Vrbata will take a huge pay cut to stay in the best league in the world.  Given how he mailed it in last season, I doubt it.  Either someone overpays, or Kuz is right.  I think the real question is, will it be KHL or Czech league.

Ah, so it's not a report of him signing in Europe but rather Kuzma's opinion. Gotcha. Misleading tag for this thread then.

Archived