The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) Van-Nash

Ekholm is their D3.  He is 26 and is starting this season a new 6 year deal at 3.75M.  

They now have a core of young players where the oldest is James Neal at 28.  Their top-4 Ds are 27 and under (and they will all be protected re expansion).  They have years to compete.  

The best marketing is going to be winning games. 

The piece they are missing is a top-6 LW - they won't move a D to get that missing piece.  They would also like to add a C2 to replace Ribeiro but they can wait a year and see if a player like Jarnkrok can take the next step.

Yeah not very likely, Ekholm and Ellis forms one of the best 2nd pairings in the league.

Mattias also outscored Edler and is cheaper, and they're good when it comes to young D-men with one of the best pipelines for them in the league.  In short, blue-liners are one of the last things they need.

We're also not in a position to trade them a forward when we're seeking scoring.

No for many reasons:

1. Chemistry is basically a non-factor...as both Jordan and Pk are both RHD and Jordan is no-where near ready (if ever) to play top line minutes

2. They already have their undersized RHD, offensive D-men in Ellis.

3. Cap increase

4. Marketability?  Jordan and Malcolm seem much more low profile than PK.

5. Pretty sure they prefer Ekholm than Edler straight up and the 2 throw-ins are non-factor.

ok, ok....I can accept this fate.

I still think there must be someway to exploit the subban factor...of course not for any immediate return, but at some point, perhaps having your superstar, big brother, fellow defenseman to help your development (once ready) may result in something special.

I dunno...I'm bored, lol

Archived