The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Mike Hoffman

Hello CDC, I've been seeing a lot of trade rumours about evander Kane and landeskog but what about Hoffman. I don't know about you but doesn't he seem underrated? The guy put up 29 goals and 30 assists last season in 78 games. He's definitely a top 6 LW. Hoffman seems like a better option than both Kane and landeskog as Kane was just arrested and landeskogs price is to high because he's captain. 

to VANCOUVER 

• mike Hoffman 

to OTTAWA 

• Alex edler

• 2017 second round pick

canucks top six:

Sedins eriksson

hoffman sutter Hansen 

baertschi horvat virtanen 

Rodin granlund etem 

Ottawas defence:

edler karlsson

phaneuf methot 

ceci wideman 

19 minutes ago, orcasgonewild said:

Hello CDC, I've been seeing a lot of trade rumours about evander Kane and landeskog but what about Hoffman. I don't know about you but doesn't he seem underrated? The guy put up 29 goals and 30 assists last season in 78 games. He's definitely a top 6 LW. Hoffman seems like a better option than both Kane and landeskog as Kane was just arrested and landeskogs price is to high because he's captain. 

to VANCOUVER 

• mike Hoffman 

to OTTAWA 

• Alex edler

• 2017 second round pick

canucks top six:

Sedins eriksson

hoffman sutter Hansen 

Rodin granlund etem 

Ottawas defence:

edler karlsson

phaneuf methot 

ceci wideman 

I also like Hoffman. I agree he is underrated. He would be a "real good" addition to this team IMO. He's not huge (6'1" 180lbs), but he's not undersized either. He could add some necessary secondary scoring help.

That being said, I'm not sure Edler would waive for Ottawa, although I can see why Ottawa would want him to improve their Defense.

If this is at all possible, I say go for it. 

A decent winger with finish, he's got decent speed, would keep up in a line with Hansen and Sutter.  The main lure for Edler to play in Ottawa is to play alongside Karlsson (Swede Line).

Both teams benefit from the trade, where would that leave our top 4?

Tanev - Gudbranson

Hutton - Sbisa (only because I'm not sure Groot is ready for top 4 mins)

29 minutes ago, Type R said:

A decent winger with finish, he's got decent speed, would keep up in a line with Hansen and Sutter.  The main lure for Edler to play in Ottawa is to play alongside Karlsson (Swede Line).

Both teams benefit from the trade, where would that leave our top 4?

Tanev - Gudbranson

Hutton - Sbisa (only because I'm not sure Groot is ready for top 4 mins)

I think it would cost more.  They would want Gaunce or Subban as well. 

I would love to see Hoffman added though.

We would then sign Russell

Hutton Tanev

Russell Gudbranson

Tryamkin Larsen

Sbisa Stecher

Biega

2 hours ago, orcasgonewild said:

to VANCOUVER 

• mike Hoffman 

to OTTAWA 

• Alex edler

• 2017 second round pick

canucks top six:

Sedins eriksson

hoffman sutter Hansen 

Rodin granlund etem 

Ottawas defence:

edler karlsson

phaneuf methot 

ceci wideman 

JB would have less than ZERO interest in this guy.  The Senators are a terrible team, who I predict finish in the bottom three this coming season.  

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

JB would have less than ZERO interest in this guy.  The Senators are a terrible team, who I predict finish in the bottom three this coming season.  

A 26 year old, who put up 59 points, has been consistently getting better, scores goals, has good speed and decent size, and plays the position JB has stated he's trying to upgrade. Flawed logic Alf buddy. 

16 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

A 26 year old, who put up 59 points, has been consistently getting better, scores goals, has good speed and decent size, and plays the position JB has stated he's trying to upgrade. Flawed logic Alf buddy. 

I guess he wouldn't add that toughness JB is looking for though, but he is definitely a top 6 winger and a shooter at that

2 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Another guy that can rip the puck.  I think he is in OTT long term plans though as he is one of their bonafide scorers. 

I've lived in the Ottawa area for seven years now and been to every game that VAN comes to since.  Hoffman is an excellent player, and people around here consider him a star, which he probably is or will soon become.  He drives their offense, and has a great finish/nose around the net.  Not sure what we would have to do to get this guy but if we did he would be a key piece in the future, likely on the first line.  

7 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I've lived in the Ottawa area for seven years now and been to every game that VAN comes to since.  Hoffman is an excellent player, and people around here consider him a star, which he probably is or will soon become.  He drives their offense, and has a great finish/nose around the net.  Not sure what we would have to do to get this guy but if we did he would be a key piece in the future, likely on the first line.  

And what's more amazing is that he was passed on in his first eligible draft year, and then drafted in the 5th round as an over ager.......just goes to show that there really are gems/late bloomers.

If they decided to trade him now because they can/t afford the big bucks for him, they definitely would get a nice return.  If I'm OTT I'm starting with Horvat for sure.

2 hours ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Would you like to expand on the reasons why JB would have no interest?

1 hour ago, shayster007 said:

So is this guy an upgrade on Hansen?  Of course he's not.

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

@Alflives

1 minute ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

You still havent made an actual point. You just keep making these generic one liners. 

P.S. He doesn't need to be an "upgrade" on Hansen. They can co-exist. Depth. 

Ottawa would expect return.  Would you trade Hansen straight up for him - No?  So it makes zero sense to get a player of that level. JB would have no interest.  E. Kane would be a much better option for a top six winger.  

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Ottawa would expect return.  Would you trade Hansen straight up for him - No?  So it makes zero sense to get a player of that level. JB would have no interest.  E. Kane would be a much better option for a top six winger.  

Wow... The fact you think Kane would fit in on this team better than Hoffman is enough for me to know that I'm discussing this with the wrong person. I usually stick up for you Alf, but I just cant see your logic here. Of course they would want return. That doesnt necessary mean Hansen would have to be part of that return. And yes, I would most definitely trade Hansen straight up for Hoffman. And I'm a big Hansen fan. Hoffman drives Ottawa's offense and is a future first liner. I just don't think you are particularly informed enough on Hoffman to know what you are talking about here. 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yes, a poster on CDC is an expert scout.  :lol:. I love you man, but really quoting one of us?

I thought you should see his opinion because he actually lives in Ottawa and watches this guy play. Have you? Why the arrogance then? You're usually so loveable and easy to get along with. 

38 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

I thought you should see his opinion because he actually lives in Ottawa and watches this guy play. Have you? Why the arrogance then? You're usually so loveable and easy to get along with. 

You're right.  I need to learn more about Hoffman.  

Archived