The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) Evander Kane

short and to the point here guys:  Gaunce and Sbisa for Kane

You have to wonder if MAYBE being around his folks will smack some sense into him?  or does moving home just throw fuel on the fire? 

Buffalo gets some value for Kane and if Kane continues down the path of douchebaggery then the Canucks can look into nullifying his contract much like what LA did with Richards.

Thoughts?

1 minute ago, nickels said:

Buffalo laughs at that.

Sbisa  w/his contract would likely clear waivers at this point.

Sbisa has more value than Kane does atm.  I thought he(Kane) was just getting busted on trespassing charges but the charges to come are a lot more serious.  Buffalo can laugh all they want but the rest of the league will be laughing at them.

5 hours ago, Colenucklehead said:

short and to the point here guys:  Gaunce and Sbisa for Kane

You have to wonder if MAYBE being around his folks will smack some sense into him?  or does moving home just throw fuel on the fire? 

Buffalo gets some value for Kane and if Kane continues down the path of douchebaggery then the Canucks can look into nullifying his contract much like what LA did with Richards.

Thoughts?

This would be a HUGE mistake, Kane is a truck load of trouble that we do not need, he is ubber talented, but his attitude and off ice antics are why he is being bounced around like Kassian. Hartnell would be way better. We will need Sbisa, and Gaunce is starting to look good, I just do not see the value in Kane.

E. Kane brings a truck load of whoop A$%, criminally talented, and an offensively apt Pro Hockey player.  Everyone has a friend that is a total bleephole, so why not make him our bleephole.  Remember it used to be Burrows, but he kinda grew up lol

What Kane does on his own time is basically that ... his own time.  Has this game gone to the point that now it doesn't matter how our players play on the ice, whats more important is the crap they do off?  I blame reality TV feeding everyones obsession of knowing every ALLEGED thing people do.  

This crap of "he is guilty until proven innocent" has to stop.  He was allegedly involved in 'non-criminal' activity, as described by the Buffalo Police.  Let it go

And some dipstick keeps calling him the "C" word.  I would caution anyone, be careful what you say.  Play safe people.

On 7/23/2016 at 0:11 AM, Odjick_fan said:

E. Kane brings a truck load of whoop A$%, criminally talented, and an offensively apt Pro Hockey player.  Everyone has a friend that is a total bleephole, so why not make him our bleephole.  Remember it used to be Burrows, but he kinda grew up lol

What Kane does on his own time is basically that ... his own time.  Has this game gone to the point that now it doesn't matter how our players play on the ice, whats more important is the crap they do off?  I blame reality TV feeding everyones obsession of knowing every ALLEGED thing people do.  

This crap of "he is guilty until proven innocent" has to stop.  He was allegedly involved in 'non-criminal' activity, as described by the Buffalo Police.  Let it go

And some dipstick keeps calling him the "C" word.  I would caution anyone, be careful what you say.  Play safe people.

"According to police sources via the Buffalo News, witness statements alleged that Kane “grabbed” a woman around the throat and “tried pushing her into his car” at around 3:11 a.m. At around 3:15 a.m., Kane allegedly “grabbed her by the arms and tried forcing her out of the bar.” Police said they also have surveillance camera footage as evidence."

He is a bleephole.  Time will tell how much of a total bleephole he is.

On July 22, 2016 at 11:33 AM, nickels said:

Buffalo laughs at that.

Sbisa  w/his contract would likely clear waivers at this point.

That may be true but Buffalo is working on there D. They could use Sbisa believe it or not. And even though his cap hit sucks, they can afford it. If Kane pisses off the Sabres management and ownership enough, he may just get traded for say Sbisa straight up. I love how everyone Bashes on Sbisa, though inconsistent he isn't as bad as everyone makes him to be. That's the problem with starting in the NHL at 18 and having a roller coaster ride between 18-21. He does deserve some credit.

and like one of the guys on here said, Burrows grew up, he used to be an ass on the ice. Everyone has to grow up, maybe his family helps with that! #Wishfulthinking

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

"According to police sources via the Buffalo News, witness statements alleged that Kane “grabbed” a woman around the throat and “tried pushing her into his car” at around 3:11 a.m. At around 3:15 a.m., Kane allegedly “grabbed her by the arms and tried forcing her out of the bar.” Police said they also have surveillance camera footage as evidence."

He is a bleephole.  Time will tell how much of a total bleephole he is.

Yup, don't wait for his day in court.  Let's bring out the torches and pitch forks right now... :rolleyes:

On 7/22/2016 at 9:11 PM, Odjick_fan said:

There is a certain level of conduct that these guys are supposed to adhere to and be a positive example to kids, not a bad example.

If he can "fix" himself in the next 2 years, sign him when he becomes a UFA. Until then, let another team work the glitches out of his behavior.

I stick to the idea that the best thing Buffalo could do for him right now is suspend him without pay and force him to earn his way back onto the team through positive behavior. Make him respect the opportunity that he has and maybe, MAYBE, someday he will become a player that we would want to have on the team.

As it stands right now, the trade Buffalo made to acquire Kane, may go down as one of the worst trades in history.

You know... Buffalo traded like 3 1st round pick/prospects for Kane. 

Now you are offering a #5 defenseman and Gaunce.

Kane may be trouble, but he still scores you 25 goals a season and is pretty gritty. Pretty good addition to a contender. 

13 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

You know... Buffalo traded like 3 1st round pick/prospects for Kane. 

Now you are offering a #5 defenseman and Gaunce.

Kane may be trouble, but he still scores you 25 goals a season and is pretty gritty. Pretty good addition to a contender. 

Sbisa and Gaunce are both first rounders. So Buffalo paid 3; Kane's value drops with his shenanigans and we pay 2. Seems fair to me

Archived