Sign Hudler for 4M for 3 years

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Hudler Sutter Rodin

Baertschi Horvat Etem

Burrows Granlund Dorsett

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson 

Tryamkin Larsen

I think Sbisa and Hansen are irrelvant since we have Tryamkin, Pedan, Rodin and Etem, so I traded them for good trading assets. With a second rounder we can probably get a good second line player for next or this year. The only thing I'm concerned about is our second line. Rodin might not surprise us, and I don't think Sutter is good option for our number 2C, but I don't want to rush Horvat. Right now I see this team getting into the second round of the playoffs, but who knows. Let me know what you think.

PS I don't think Sbisa can get Kane, but I don't want Kane on our team anyways

if hansens gonna be traded it will be at deadline for teams that wanna overpay a late first and a third or b level prospect.

sbisa as well has more value that that  alot of teams need 4/5 spoot dmen (oilers, habs, canes, coyotes, wings, leafs) 

burrows, dorsett, miller all are probably traded by march  if not i coukd see dorsett being picked up by vegas next summer 

Just now, HerrDrFunk said:

I don't know how you can consider 22 goals "irrelvant" on a team that was 29th in goals scored last season.

It is either Rodin Etem or Hansen that has got to go. Rodin will probably stay, and both Hansen and Etem have great chemistry with Horvat. I would trade Hansen cause we can get a better return for him than Etem.

47 minutes ago, TheCammer said:

Sbisa is worth far more than a 4th rounder.

Why don't we actually see if these other assets actually challenge the capabilities of Hansen and Sbisa before we move them for "picks"?

Far more than a 4th rounder? Like what.....a flaming bag of dog poop?

We still don't know what the Canucks have in Rodin, so we can't assume he'll just replace Hansen.

I remember when we got Kenins and I thought that guy was going to be something special. The Latvian Locomotive, he even has a great name. He was engaged, hit everything, fast, but he really never panned out.

18 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

We still don't know what the Canucks have in Rodin, so we can't assume he'll just replace Hansen.

I remember when we got Kenins and I thought that guy was going to be something special. The Latvian Locomotive, he even has a great name. He was engaged, hit everything, fast, but he really never panned out.

I loved the Kenins Horvat Hansen line. I was surprised they weren't reconnected

1 hour ago, King Kunning said:

I loved the Kenins Horvat Hansen line. I was surprised they weren't reconnected

Yeah, I really liked Kenins, and wondered why he wasn't a regular in the lineup. Canucks are weak at LW and could use him. Makes me wonder if it was an attitude issue or work ethic. I think Gaunce needs to crack the lineup this coming season. Really hoping he does, rather than have to trade Hansen, Sbisa or Tanev etc. to fill a 2LW spot. Maybe Gaunce will show up at camp and play like a beast. Maybe.

5 hours ago, King Kunning said:

Trade Hansen to Toronto for a second rounder

With a second rounder we can probably get a good second line player for next or this year.

If all it takes is a second round pick to get a good second line player, why wouldn't Toronto do that deal themselves instead of trading for Hansen, who you say is irrelevant?

6 hours ago, canuktravella said:

if hansens gonna be traded it will be at deadline for teams that wanna overpay a late first and a third or b level prospect.

sbisa as well has more value that that  alot of teams need 4/5 spoot dmen (oilers, habs, canes, coyotes, wings, leafs) 

burrows, dorsett, miller all are probably traded by march  if not i coukd see dorsett being picked up by vegas next summer 

Here is my fear. Do you remember  Vrbata's career year, then the fall off the cliff trick? Well my fear is that Hansen regressed a tad. Erickson will be on the 1st line, which means that Hansen's production falls off a little....I love the player, but if we trade him, nows the time to do it.

13 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Here is my fear. Do you remember  Vrbata's career year, then the fall off the cliff trick? Well my fear is that Hansen regressed a tad. Erickson will be on the 1st line, which means that Hansen's production falls off a little....I love the player, but if we trade him, nows the time to do it.

I get that fear, but any real offensive numbers from Hansen are merely a bonus. He's incredible on the forecheck, backcheck, his D zone play is stellar and his contract is "team friendly". We don't have a better forward in terms of puck pressure.

Now isn't the time. If Etem and Jake have both improved by leaps and bounds, then maybe Hansen moves in Jan-TDL, but I doubt it. He's way more valuable than his salary.

Hansen for Jamie Benn and we got a deal! Lol

22 hours ago, King Kunning said:

Trade Hansen to Toronto for a second rounder

Trade Sbisa to Sabres for 4th round pick

Sign Hudler for 4M for 3 years

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Hudler Sutter Rodin

Baertschi Horvat Etem

Burrows Granlund Dorsett

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson 

Tryamkin Larsen

I think Sbisa and Hansen are irrelvant since we have Tryamkin, Pedan, Rodin and Etem, so I traded them for good trading assets. With a second rounder we can probably get a good second line player for next or this year. The only thing I'm concerned about is our second line. Rodin might not surprise us, and I don't think Sutter is good option for our number 2C, but I don't want to rush Horvat. Right now I see this team getting into the second round of the playoffs, but who knows. Let me know what you think.

PS I don't think Sbisa can get Kane, but I don't want Kane on our team anyways

Hahahahaha lol...

Hansen irrelevant? For a 2nd rounder and  for that we'll get a good second line player next year a the year after???

Please tell me how many second round draft picks have we had turn into good second line players...

22 hours ago, luckylager said:

I get that fear, but any real offensive numbers from Hansen are merely a bonus. He's incredible on the forecheck, backcheck, his D zone play is stellar and his contract is "team friendly". We don't have a better forward in terms of puck pressure.

Now isn't the time. If Etem and Jake have both improved by leaps and bounds, then maybe Hansen moves in Jan-TDL, but I doubt it. He's way more valuable than his salary.

Hansen for Jamie Benn and we got a deal! Lol

That is a great description and can't argue with your  reasoning

It is what makes him so valuable,  but we seemed too wait long too often

It is always a crap shoot, so I am good with keeping him

My question is and fear is.....have we built a middle of the pack team......I just don't like being there, so I would rather rebuild instead of retooling.

We have been at the bottom 2 of the last 3 years, and still no number one center prospect, so I will wait, and Honey Badger being traded, will not have an impact either way....

So, as messed up as my opinion is....Hansen is a important player for the Canucks, whether we trade him or keep him

Archived