The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Luke Schenn to Arizona [2 years x $1.25M AAV]

28 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

The Leafs ruined a prospect? Shocking. Kinda feel for him. Solid depth guy though.

I think they played a part it in but he was always slow and a below average skater. Drafting defensive D-men with high picks is a recipe for disaster. It's like if the Canucks drafted Logan Stanley with the 5th overall pick.

22 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

Hopefully he can turn his career around in a place like AZ. Not as much pressure by fans and media. Could turn out good for both sides

That ship sailed a long time ago. The NHL is getting faster and faster, there is no turning it around for Schenn. Unless he miraculously improves his skating more than he has in the past 8 seasons with three different teams, he will be exactly what he is now.

Great deal. Really interested to see how the new Coyotes GM turns out.

I'll take a slow moving plug/stay at home guy as my 6/7 Dman any day at $1.25M especially with only 2 years. I thought he did well in LA. He won't win a Norris but every team needs one of these guys if managed properly - including a few press box nights.

If he succeeds even slightly Arizona can trade him for a 4/5th rounder in March 2018 or lose him to Vegas and not care. If he doesn't succeed there's not much risk there.

Archived