The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Your ultimate muscle car

YummyCakeFace

6 hours ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Is this your vehicle? An LS motor in a light truck, this must run a sub 10 second 1/4! 

No, I was just trying to think of something fun.  But your right though-any RWD light chassis with an LS motor is going to be fast, and scary to keep straight!  

I know this is thread is for American Muscle, and although I'm more of a BMW guy American Muscle car style heavily influences how I like to modify my car.  This is a good example of what I'm going for:

14285845562_7cefcbbf34_b.jpg

29 minutes ago, Lillooet_Hillbilly said:

if i ever bought a car this is what I would get. you can haul at least 25 hay bales I bet in that if you stacked it right

i think one of these for those nice rolling hills in lillooet would do the trick!

MonsterElCamino.jpg

12 hours ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

What was the 1/4 mile time on this beaut? 

not to sure but my dad used it as a young kid and beat out everyone and even after when he redid one anything 69 and under off the line 1/4 mile he beat!!He raced tons so can say I never saw any car beat him for 20 plus years!!

1 hour ago, cripplereh said:

not to sure but my dad used it as a young kid and beat out everyone and even after when he redid one anything 69 and under off the line 1/4 mile he beat!!He raced tons so can say I never saw any car beat him for 20 plus years!!

Would love to see what he was racing. 

4 hours ago, SaintPatrick33 said:

Hmmmm interesting.....you wouldn't happen to own an 82 Riviera, would you? :bigblush:

Haha, no that would suck. My dad had a '70 Riviera like the one in the picture and it was just awesome! The 82 is for the year I was born.

16 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I am a huge AMC fan, my late father had an AMC Machine, I had a 72 Matador, and I love the peculiar look of the Javelin.

I think the Rebel machine is the crown jewel of AMC.  

image.jpeg

a friend of mine had a amc amx  everybody used to bug him about it, it had a 390 ,they stopped bugging him when he finally lit it up!

1970-amc-amx-40947.jpg

Just now, chon derry said:

a friend of mine had a amc amx  everybody used to bug him about it, it had a 390 ,they stopped bugging him when he finally lit it up!

1970-amc-amx-40947.jpg

They were the little guy, the underdog. So they always made designs that set themselves apart from the big 3. They were also a cheaper option. The AMX however, was about the most normal looking car they ever created and one of the most desired as a result.

The AMC eagle was the first true crossover. So I guess they have that as part of their legacy. 

Archived