The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tanbir From Surrey, A Canucks Twitter Troll Account bites the dust.

Positive Canuck

Tanbir's Twitter Account de-activated.   

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 minutes ago, dsedinfan22 said:

serious guys , you have nothing else better to &^@#ing do? just leave the guy alone and move on with your &^@#ing lives , no need to make a forum about a person who isnt a player or management for the team , go play pokemon go or something

Pretty much this. If I wasn't at work atm I'd be sitting in the sunshine and this would have gone to page 2, or maybe even page 3 by the time I next checked in.

Go outside!!!! Get free vitamin D.

regards,  G.

42 minutes ago, dsedinfan22 said:

serious guys , you have nothing else better to &^@#ing do? just leave the guy alone and move on with your &^@#ing lives , no need to make a forum about a person who isnt a player or management for the team , go play pokemon go or something

Its slow season and its always good to see a Canucks troll bite the dust 

On July 24, 2016 at 11:15 AM, debluvscanucks said:

As much as I'll miss the sticky beet juice that spilled under my fridge and then gathered dust bunnies because I didn't know it was there.  Wait, less than that.

I should lock this for substance but it's summer and hey, we've got nothing much going on.  Mildly entertaining.    #Rollwithit

please lock it , we don't need anymore attacks on humans, already so much going on in this world as it is

On 2016-07-24 at 11:07 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Can we also have Mike in Langley de-activated from calling in during post-game shows?

We all cringe when we hear that whiny voice come over the radio with his clichéd hot takes. The “asset management” narrative is mind numbingly stupid. It’s an ambiguous term people use to criticize everything.

You could trade a 6th rounder for Crosby and some idiot will play the asset management card because of Crosby’s age and money owed on his contract. “It’s just not good value”. They will then recite some useless stats as “proof” he’s “actually” a 4th line centre. “I would have traded for Daniel Strong. His iCorsi/60 is better than Crosby’s. The GM is incompetent!”

The combination of Twitter, analytics and hot takes has made being a hockey fan far less enjoyable that it once was. Every time anything happens you have to hear some uninformed loser (media included) hot take some stat that may or may not be relevant. They frame their argument as fact when the validly of the stat, and its relevance to building a team, is questionable. The days of smart analysis are lost. All we have now is one giant groupthink exercise based off scorching hot takes.

Why the rush to close threads about small matters?  They'll just slide off the main page if people don't want to talk about it.

I'm sure Tanbir will eventually recover his passion and start Tweeting again.  He decided to broadcast his thoughts for all to see and that's how it goes.

27 minutes ago, ‹(•¿•)› said:

Tambir and Mike from Langley are pretty rough, but Johnny from the Pizzeria would win a most grueling caller contest, hands down.

Who is the old guy from North Van?  Is it Maple Leaf Dave?  My apologies to Dave if he's a member of CDC, but his ramblings are :sick::sick::sick::sick:

Haven't listened to 1040 since the draft lottery.  I suddenly realized how bland and uninformative that station is.  Even with all the insider canucks reporters they don't offer any substance.  Anyone else notice how news 1130 breaks more relative information regarding canucks than the station that owns the canucks rights?  Every time they go to the boards I switch stations.  They have the same 10 people calling in every day as if their opinions are remotely correct and poignant.  And when they talk about music my god....  This must be what it's like for a democrat to listen to fox news podcast.  Don Taylor used to be my favorite co host but he quickly turned into the most annoying, especially when they let his producer talk. 

Archived