The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Fire Benning! Prediction, Whatever, Rant,

Man I'm so split between hate and love. 

I love a lot of moves JB has done for us (drafting , some of the trades) but I hate how we aren't getting with the program and trading our depreciating assets. 

To me it makes a lot of sense right now to set ourselves up for the draft and expansion. Grab as many draft picks as you can and don't lose any good players to expansion by trading certain players NOW. Every time I read about another team making a trade (bishop) my anxiety goes thru the roof because I know our window to trade our guys is shrinking. 

2 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

It was TSN 3 years ago. Look it up yourself.

I wonder if most posters know how much I wish I was wrong about this post, I wish I was wrong, but it needed something to happen to change the most likely outcomes, changes that just aren't/haven't happened. So predictable.

When someone asks me for a source to back up my claim, I provide it!

8 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

When someone asks me for a source to back up my claim, I provide it!

Not a claim he can back up.  It's absurd.  Not even apollo would have ranked the Canucks prospect pool 8th three years ago, let alone TSN.  I'd love to see that reference.  

35 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Not a claim he can back up.  It's absurd.  Not even apollo would have ranked the Canucks prospect pool 8th three years ago, let alone TSN.  I'd love to see that reference.  

He will never produce it, because he can't. I really wonder if Guardian is actually Mike Gillis, venting his frustration and trying to sew unrest :)

Well the TDL has gone by, that was fun.

Now starts the rest of the crap once most learn that nothing has changed, the team still needs the Sedin replacements, prospects are still only prospects not players, the next batch of veterans don't get anything other than "I hope they can play in the NHL" types.

Until he starts thinking "Quality over Quantity" it will take a decade the find the Sedin replacements and then it will be by accident. 85 prospects to get 14 players, 4 which will be above average. But by that time the fans will be going crazy over the chance at making he playoffs

2 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Well the TDL has gone by, that was fun.

Now starts the rest of the crap once most learn that nothing has changed, the team still needs the Sedin replacements, prospects are still only prospects not players, the next batch of veterans don't get anything other than "I hope they can play in the NHL" types.

Until he starts thinking "Quality over Quantity" it will take a decade the find the Sedin replacements and then it will be by accident. 85 prospects to get 14 players, 4 which will be above average. But by that time the fans will be going crazy over the chance at making he playoffs

You forget the main factor in team building. Player progression. Benning could literally trade for Crosby and you would find a way to bitch about it. 

20 hours ago, KKnight said:

You forget the main factor in team building. Player progression. Benning could literally trade for Crosby and you would find a way to bitch about it. 

You trade for Crosby to put the team over the top.

Lets see Benning make one good trade other than picking up a salary dump, or making a hole for the other team's roster, or taking n a player they have given up on. One trade where the team got a better existing NHL player than the what they gave up and was not considered a chancy prospect.

4 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

You trade for Crosby to put the team over the top.

Lets see Benning make one good trade other than picking up a salary dump, or making a hole for the other team's roster, or taking n a player they have given up on. One trade where the team got a better existing NHL player than the what they gave up and was not considered a chancy prospect.

Baertschi? He was on pace for over 40 points. Granlund? over 20 goals. Hmmmm.... Probably still hung up on losing a 2nd for Vey or trading for Gudbranson whose had 30 games on the roster. Yeah, but hes done, just a scrub. Sigh.... 

sorry to burst your bubble, but most prospects are "chancy". Being a professional hockey player isnt a given. 

This is arguably the deepest prospect pool we have ever had. At least since ive been a Canuck fan. 

Has there been mistakes? Yeah obviously. Lets see you lace the boots up and try to be a GM top gun. 

On 2017-03-01 at 5:35 PM, TheGuardian_ said:
On 2017-03-01 at 5:35 PM, TheGuardian_ said:

Now starts the rest of the crap once most learn that nothing has changed, the team still needs the Sedin replacements, prospects are still only prospects not players...

You're still really, really bad at trying to be smart.

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:26 PM, Jam126 said:

You're still really, really bad at trying to be smart.

I know, I am just a dumb fan that knows nothing, but I do appear to be pretty good at guesses.

Just think of it, WAAAAAAY back in July, before Linden and Benning even finished solidifying the team, me, this dumb know nothing fan, was able to guess pretty much how the season would go, some of the statements, and position of the team in March.

And there is still more to go yet. It is a good thing I bet $1000.00 in Vegas against the Canucks making the playoffs and got 3 to 5 odds that they finish in 28th place. I got worried for a bit with Colorado nose diving, but it will come out in the end.

Doesn't it worry you that if I, a know nothing fan, can see where this team is going, that the geniuses that run the franchise couldn't do ANYTHING at all?

I am a fan of this team and have been longer that you have been alive, I HATE seeing the carefully managed freefall of this team, managed so it does take 7+ years to do nothing.

Thanks goodness LA and Anaheim are aging so fast, but then they will make daring trades LONG before the Canucks because they rely on winning to make money, the Canuck fans freely give it away on a hope and a prayer.

Archived