To Colorado 

Tanev 4.45m

Dorse 2.65m

Etem .775m

Cbj 2nd

To Vancouver

Erik Johnson 6m 

Carl Soderberg 4.75m

Colorado is in need of salary relief (Erik), affordable right wingers and a stabilizing top pairing defender. Que Tanev Etem Dorse.

Vancouver in return gets another heavy force for our defence group with a big shot (Erik) and a 50 pt 2way utility forward (Plays all 3 pos) setup man with size (Soderberg).

Sedin Sedin Hansen

Soderberg Sutter Erikson

Baer BoHo Virtanen

Burr Granlund Rodin 

Gaunce

Edler Gud

Hutton Erik

Tryamkin Sbisa

Pedan Larsen

3 minutes ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Why do we need another Centre and we get an overpaid dman. Tanev is better then Johnson. Then as our centres its Sedin,Horvat,Sutter,Granlund and Soderberg. We don't need this.

Centre depth is the weakness of this team if any of our top 3 go down the idea of our bottom 2 centres being Granlund and ............... Cassels doesn't sit so well with me. Soderberg and Erikson/Benning know each other from Boston. Erik Johnson is the type of player Benning seems to drool over. 

14 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Centre depth is the weakness of this team if any of our top 3 go down the idea of our bottom 2 centres being Granlund and ............... Cassels doesn't sit so well with me. Soderberg and Erikson/Benning know each other from Boston. Erik Johnson is the type of player Benning seems to drool over. 

Soderberg has a NTC.  I would think Benning tried to sign him last season (- then didn't need to trade for Sutter).  He preferred another team so I don't see why he would waive now.

Soderberg has also been used at C3 this season.  He has the lowest zone starts on the team at 38% with Comeau and is still able to put up over 50pts. If they keep Duchene and MacKinnon at C it allows them to have three scoring lines with Soderberg being used as a highly productive checking line. 

Johnston is just starting a 7 year deal at 6M - that's the highest salary they pay (save now MacKinnon).  I don't think they want to move him.  Roy likes a big and physical D - that's not Tanev.  

Doubtful that they would want Dorsett or Etem. 

1 minute ago, mll said:

Soderberg has an NTC.  I would think Benning tried to sign him last season (- then didn't need to trade for Sutter).  He preferred another team so I don't see why he would waive now.

Soderberg has also been used at C3 this season.  He has the lowest zone starts on the team at 38% with Comeau and is still able to put up over 50pts. If they keep Duchene and MacKinnon at C it allows them to have three scoring lines with Soderberg being used as a highly productive checking line. 

Johnston is just starting a 7 year deal at 6M - that's the highest salary they pay (save now MacKinnon).  I don't think they want to move him.  Roy likes a big and physical D - that's not Tanev.  

Doubtful that they would want Dorsett or Etem. 

Thanks for your input.

18 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Thanks for your input.

Correction though... Colorado acquired the rights to Soderberg a few days ahead of free agency so Benning couldn't have tried to sign him as he never went to free agency and just decided to sign with Colorado.  He was still allowed to talk to other teams during that time.

48 minutes ago, hammertime said:

You could say that about the Blackhawks if Toews go down there centre core is weak. 

13 minutes ago, ItsMillerTime said:

You could say that about the Blackhawks if Toews go down there centre core is weak. 

I'm not talking about loosing Hank here I'm talking about there is literally no one on the depth chart beyond Granlund who is close to NHL caliber. Our centre depth killed us last year when our 2/3c Sutter went down and we have even less depth at the position this year with the loss of Vey and Cracknell.  

49 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I'm not talking about loosing Hank here I'm talking about there is literally no one on the depth chart beyond Granlund who is close to NHL caliber. Our centre depth killed us last year when our 2/3c Sutter went down and we have even less depth at the position this year with the loss of Vey and Cracknell.  

Soderberg is like 30 were losing spots for the younglings. What if no Centre gets an injury? We don't need to a 30 year old. If we would get someone get a young guy from 20-25

Absolute no from Colorado. Zero interest in this deal. The only particularly interesting piece is Tanev and trading our best defender for him is at absolute best a lateral move. You keep your players and we'll keep ours. 

Edit: I will give you props for at least coming up with a Colorado proposal that doesn't involve Landeskog, Duchene, or Barrie though. 

On July 24, 2016 at 7:28 PM, ItsMillerTime said:

Soderberg is like 30 were losing spots for the younglings. What if no Centre gets an injury? We don't need to a 30 year old. If we would get someone get a young guy from 20-25

CDC, home of the, "If you're north of 30 you're probably just about dead" fan base. 

Archived