The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linden on TSN1040

Outsiders

Sorry for the formate issues if anyone can make it easier to read ill copy your post and put it up here. 

Interesting points made

Ill put up the link so you can listen to it as soon as TSN1040 makes it available. Until then thank Ben Kuzma for reporting stuff that was said

Edit - Link http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/linden-on-canucks-off-season-growth-of-benning-and-desjardins~918958

1. Linden on management changes if team misses playoffs again: "We we under no illusions. I like our direction. There are no quick fixes."

2 retweets4 likes

Retweet

More

Linden on Utica moving to Abbotsford: "Our situation in Utica is great. That is a tremendous AHL market. We're really happy." #canucks

6 retweets9 likes

Retweet

More

Ben Kuzma Retweeted Cam Tucker

Never say never.

Ben Kuzma added,

Cam Tucker @CamTucker_Sport
    So you're telling me there's no chance. https://twitter.com/benkuzma/status/758012683601883136 
    0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

Linden on who charts team course: "Jim. I have a significant say and we sometimes disagree, but he has 25 years of experience." #canucks

2 retweets1 like

Retweet

More

Linden on Juolevi making club: "His ability to process the game and make the right play is impressive. Our plan for him is London (OHL)."

5 retweets2 likes

Retweet

More

Linden on team being for sale: "I have not heard of it and have no reason to believe that would be the case." #canucks

4 retweets2 likes

Retweet

More

Linden on getting No. 3 pick from CBJ: "I said to Jim in May, they'll take Dubois and go off the board. They wouldn't have do it (trade)."

1 retweet0 likes

Retweet

More

Linden on Tryamkin knowing it's NHL or KHL: "He has expressed an unwillingness to be in Utica. But it's his (contract) call." #canucks

3 retweets1 like

Retweet

More

Linden on Hamhuis exit: "After we acquired Gudbranson, we decided to move forward and allow Tyamkin and Larsen to play a role." #canucks

4 retweets5 likes

Retweet

More

Linden on management mistakes: "We were criticized for trades we made last year and I wouldn't go back and change one of them." #canucks

5 retweets4 likes

Retweet

More

Linden on Orca logo on jersey disappearing for Johnny Canuck or stick in skate. "No chance." #canucks

3 retweets6 likes

Retweet

More

Linden on signing 2016 first-round pick Juolevi: "No problems, no real rush. I would assume it would happen in the next few weeks." #canucks

2 retweets3 likes

Retweet

More

Linden on the expansion draft: "We've done several mock-ups depending on what Las Vegas needs. It will be an interesting year." #canucks

9 retweets4 likes

Retweet

More

Linden on Desjardins: "One area is we need to do a better job structurally when we don't have the puck." #canucks

4 retweets2 likes

Retweet

More

Linden on Desjardins: "He's done exactly what we expected. He has connected with players and knows where he needs to be better." #canucks

2 retweets1 like

Retweet

More

Linden on goal for next season: "I want us to be competitive every night. We're going to be in the hunt (to make the playoffs)." #canucks

1 retweet2 likes

Retweet

More

Linden on Virtanen starting in AHL: "There may be a situation where his best place is Utica, but it's hard to tell." #canucks

3 retweets2 likes

Retweet

More

Linden on Virtanen: "Players mature at different levels and Jake has a very raw and unique skill set. He has to earn a spot." #canucks

3 retweets2 likes

Retweet

More

Linden on Burrows: "We learned how much our young players learned from him. It was a pretty easy decision to bring him back. #canucks

9 retweets14 likes

Retweet

More

More Linden on players with behaviour problems: "You look at all the facts. Guys on the edge can sometimes cross the line. #canucks

6 retweets1 like

Retweet

More

Linden on TSN1040 regarding players on police blotter: "All situations are unique. You do your assessments. Guys make mistakes." #canucks

I really wish Linden didn't feel like he has to be the slick talking, every word is stiffly guarded, executive.

Its boring.  And its not him.  I honestly really like Mr. Meat and Potatoes GMJB for the reason he is real.

Just now, xereau said:

I really wish Linden didn't feel like he has to be the slick talking, every word is stiffly guarded, executive.

Its boring.  And its not him.  I honestly really like Mr. Meat and Potatoes GMJB for the reason he is real.

There was a lot of maturity in this convo from what I read.

The only thing he seemed certain about is the team logo isn't changing. Was he referencing Kane at the end? Almost sounds like he was saying that Kane's made some mistakes, but that will be assessed. I've got a feeling the Canucks are going to get him.

19 minutes ago, xereau said:

With a half-billion $ entity, probably this good/bad cop thing is necessary?

As long as this duo makes the right moves, we make our important statements on-ice.

7 minutes ago, numb3r 16 said:

Did he say anything about Kane? Or aquiring that top 6 LW in general?

" You look at all the facts. Guys on the edge can sometimes cross the line. "

"All situations are unique. You do your assessments. Guys make mistakes."

Both of these comments are 100% about Kane, and it sure sounds like they wouldn't hesitate pulling the trigger as long as the ask isn't too high.

Just now, 'NucK™ said:

Both of these comments are 100% about Kane, and it sure sounds like they wouldn't hesitate pulling the trigger as long as the ask isn't too high.

Thanks

Very political and neutral. Kinda difficult to get anything extra out of it. But then again that's what keeps CDC going.

I love that we have Trevor and Jim here. For me its really hard not to like them. It is rather easy to like a person after having an unlikeable guy like Mike Gillis here for a long while. GMMG was a good fit for us for many years, but as we all know, he dropped the ball two seasons before being let go. And he really was a torture to watch during interviews. Just look at some old clips on youtube and say you can get something real, accurate or motivation outta any of his interviews. The only time he was interesting to watch was the presser back when he was signed as GM. Same goes for Torts. he was soft and smiley before the season, and became the same old same old the second things got tough. 

I have a feeling Willie isn't going anywhere for a few years, and even then it seems like he has the faith of the management and they are in sync. In a good way that is. WD has done a good job so far in my mind. I feel like he has a lot more to give us and that he doesn't deserve nearly as much criticism as he currently receives from our own fans.

Juolevi back in London? I guess the extra development will do him some good, but I'm impatient. lol  It's okay. TOR, CGY and EDM will rush their top picks into the lineups and give them top minutes. I'm sure after the season ends for them, they'll have lost enough games to damage their confidence and team morale. And the cycle continues. Meanwhile, back in London, Juolevi will be developing his game, maybe win another championship or MVP award, confidence sky high, hungry to show what he can do in the NHL when he's ready.

9 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

I got that vibe as well. It made it seem like they were in talks and he didn't want to commit an opinion one way or the other in case a deal were to go through.

Granted, I'm just reading the tweets and didn't hear the questions or how they were worded. There could be (from my perspective) a context issue.

22 minutes ago, numb3r 16 said:

Did he say anything about Kane? Or aquiring that top 6 LW in general?

Linden or Benning commenting on another teams player would be dumb to say the least.  The NHL fined us at draft time, if this organization blabbed again just a month later, it could mean picks.

Let's see...police blotter, player with behavioral problems, making mistakes, on the edge and crossing the line...naaah, couldn't be Kane lol  

But I do like that Linden added: you look at all the facts and you do your assessments.

Sounds to me like the Canucks are interested in Kane, but will do their due diligence before making the trade.

3 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Linden on management mistakes: "We were criticized for trades we made last year and I wouldn't go back and change one of them." #canucks

Alright Trevor!

Well what do you want him to say??? 

"Yeah we really wish we hadn't signed that plug Sbisa to so much money."

"Man we gave up too much for that Granlund guy. We really F'ed up."

If he admitted his mistakes at this point, that would be his biggest mistake.

Archived