The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Predators re-sign Calle Jarnkrok [6 years 2M AAV]

Toews

16 minutes ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

Canucks should try and do this same deal with Gaunce in another year or so. Seems like the kinda guy who could put up 20-30 points for the next 8 years

That would be a terrible idea. Jarnkrok has proven he can do it. Gaunce hasn't proven anything in the NHL yet.

11 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

That would be a terrible idea. Jarnkrok has proven he can do it. Gaunce hasn't proven anything in the NHL yet.

Ease up quick draw I never said we should give it to him now. I said in another year or so (implying 1 or 2 years) because then we'll know more. Just seems like a likely candidate to have that type of career. 

It's an amazing contract for the Predators and pretty weird that he would sign for that kind of term.  He had 16 goals last year for 30pts - plays any position and up and down the lineup.  

Just hope for him that he doesn't get picked up by Las Vegas.

I don't know if I've ever seen a contract term as long as this for such a relatively small amount. I was 100% sure it was a mistake when I saw it on the TSN ticker and had to see it again three times to be satisfied I wasn't hallucinating. Didn't Burr sign for 4x2 million about eight years ago? Does anybody have other examples ?

44 minutes ago, zimmy said:

I don't know if I've ever seen a contract term as long as this for such a relatively small amount. I was 100% sure it was a mistake when I saw it on the TSN ticker and had to see it again three times to be satisfied I wasn't hallucinating. Didn't Burr sign for 4x2 million about eight years ago? Does anybody have other examples ?

General Fanager has the list below.  He is a pretty unique situation.

Ekholm is starting a 6 year deal this season at 3.75M.   Ellis signed a 5 year deal at 2.5M.

4 hours ago, mll said:

General Fanager has the list below.  He is a pretty unique situation.

Ekholm is starting a 6 year deal this season at 3.75M.   Ellis signed a 5 year deal at 2.5M.

Wow! In light of this list the contract is even more shocking. Some kind of outlier scenario. I'm dumbfounded.

Thanks for pulling this up!

Almost as strange as the Klefbom deal, maybe more so.

Not sure how much confidence it shows that Jarnkrok would take that much term without the ability to adjust to market value, but guaranteed 12 million I imagine isn't that hard to stomach lol.

Archived