The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Sign Branden Prust ?

9 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Guy  was damaged goods when habs fleeced us in the trade....

His body was pretty beaten up from his warrior years... nothing left in the tank. 

As Tiger Williams would say...

He is done like Dinner.....

Fleeced? They got Kassian, who was waived, and a 5th. Am I missing something? 

We have plenty of bottom 6 forwards.  Think I'd rather have Higgins on the team.

I don't think playing around with our 4th line is going to make a huge impact in the standings regardless.

I don't think he wants to play here either.  He will sign somewhere in the east.

13 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

We have plenty of bottom 6 forwards.  Think I'd rather have Higgins on the team.

I don't think playing around with our 4th line is going to make a huge impact in the standings regardless.

I don't think he wants to play here either.  He will sign somewhere in the east.

Somewhere east.... Like Switzerland? Okay, Utica would take him back.

And Higgins.... lmao, good one! You're kidding right? Cuz that was funny... Higgins.. hahaahaha

19 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Somewhere east.... Like Switzerland? Okay, Utica would take him back.

And Higgins.... lmao, good one! You're kidding right? Cuz that was funny... Higgins.. hahaahaha

Higgins is 10x the player Prust is and will definitely get another shot in the NHL.

Edit: He was just under .5 points/game 2 years ago, can kill penalties and is a solid team guy. He has another couple years left in the tank but not at $2.5M per. He'll likely sign a 1 year show me deal at around 800K and I could even see him signing another deal with Vegas after.

1 minute ago, VIC_CITY said:

Higgins is 10x the player Prust is and will definitely get another shot in the NHL. 

Haha, he is not.

They are very equal in terms of cabre- Both journeymen NHLers who now play like crap and get waived from the third worst team in the NHL.

Real good

2 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Haha, he is not.

They are very equal in terms of cabre- Both journeymen NHLers who now play like crap and get waived from the third worst team in the NHL.

Real good

Do you realize Prust has 40 career NHL goals? I fail to see the comparison.

11 minutes ago, luckylager said:

And how many faces has Higgins pounded in?

How is that relevant to anything?

Higgins has 333 points in 711 games. He's one season removed from being a good middle 6 forward.

Maybe he had a bad season due to injuries, or maybe he's declining and his career is coming to an end. But either way, a player like Higgins deserves more respect than what you're showing. I'm guessing you're one of those people who hates on certain players because it's the popular thing to do on CDC.

20 minutes ago, luckylager said:

And how many faces has Higgins pounded in?

Higgins is just over a year removed from a 36 point season. Name a face that Prust pounded in that season? It's been years since he intimidated anyone. The last thing Prust did that anyone remembers is calling out a ref. Prust is done. Higgins has a more rounded out game and can still contribute in a bottom 6 role.

Archived