The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Wild re-sign D Matt Dumba [2 year x $2.55M AAV]

9 minutes ago, GettinGuddyWithIt said:

14m14 minutes ago
Minnesota Wild ‏@mnwild
BREAKING: #mnwild has agreed to terms with @matt_dumba on a two-year, $5.1 million contract→ http://ow.ly/hG9k302I2E

2.35m in 2016-2017 and 2.75m in 2017-2018

Reasonable contract for an ok defenseman with loads of upside....I like these sort of "show me now" sort of bridge contracts, will be interesting to see what happens to some of our young players when their turn comes to sign their second NHL contract...

1 hour ago, KKnight said:

i dont know if im in the minority here, but im not a big fan of Dumba. He has some edge, chips in a little bit. Defensively not strong. At least when i watch the Wild. Not worth that kind of doe. 

100% agree.

He has been insanely overrated and hyped since his WHL days. 

I remember watching him closely in the WJHC and he was horrendous. 

So Trouba, here's a guy who's produced similar to you, plays sheltered minutes, and was drafted two spots higher.

Perhaps you should look at the market and realize you won't get more than $5.25M on a long term deal.

3 hours ago, Monty said:

So Trouba, here's a guy who's produced similar to you, plays sheltered minutes, and was drafted two spots higher.

Perhaps you should look at the market and realize you won't get more than $5.25M on a long term deal.

Trouba should look at Rielly and Jones as comparables. He is in that same tier and shouldn't expect more. 

• b3. changed the title to [Signing] Wild re-sign D Matt Dumba [2 year x $2.55M AAV]

Archived