The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Weird Food Combinations

Toews

21 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Chocolate radishes - not for me - but I've seen it done.

Had a gf in high school that made a jello salad with mayo and vegetables (baby onions, etc).   Loved her, but could never bring myself to put a spoonfull of it in my mouth lol.

I've had a mean watermelon, basil and feta salad - did not think it would work but it's pretty damn good.

My mom used to make that jello and veggie salad..hated it..

32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kind of feel sorry for pigs - bacon, ham, pork chops, and the list goes on.:rolleyes:

Yeah

I was in To. Last week.  Saw a pig truck goIng to the plant.:(

a bunch of protestors were jogging alongside the truck in the middle of traffic doing their thing. Was quite a scene.  My son got a bit upset.  The wife, a vegetarian, gave him her spiel. I replied with yeah but those people were endangering everyones lives in traffic.  The ethical battle rages on.

whelp.  

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Chocolate radishes - not for me - but I've seen it done.

Had a gf in high school that made a jello salad with mayo and vegetables (baby onions, etc).   Loved her, but could never bring myself to put a spoonfull of it in my mouth lol.

I've had a mean watermelon, basil and feta salad - did not think it would work but it's pretty damn good.

Was she making a terrine? Those were pretty common in the seventies, from what I've seen. It's like unflavored gelatin with meat, vegetables, etc. suspended in it.

unnamed.jpg

9 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Was she making a terrine? Those were pretty common in the seventies, from what I've seen. It's like unflavored gelatin with meat, vegetables, etc. suspended in it.

unnamed.jpg

This is like my mom made...I remember the olives and radishes.

jelly_zpsym988gg2.jpg

6 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

jelly_zpsym988gg2.jpg

Oh dear God I remember this. (Or a very similar version of it). I still have the mental scars from having to face that on a dinner table! And the physical nightmares of trying to choke that horrific concoction down. I can't even look at lime jello!

puking-on-screen-smiley-emoticon.gif

Just now, Cerridwen said:

Oh dear God I remember this. I still have the mental scars from having to face that on a dinner table! (And the physical nightmares) of trying to choke that horrific concoction  down.

puking-on-screen-smiley-emoticon.gif

It really was horrible..which is funny because I dont mind tomato aspic....but generally I hated anything jello.

9 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

jelly_zpsym988gg2.jpg

Yep - that's more like it - not a tourrine - but jello with vegetables and mayonaisse.  Bloody disgusting.  One person making it once makes no sense, let alone it becoming a thing.  Just awful.

3 hours ago, Cerridwen said:

Eggs over easy with runny yolks on top of pork & beans all piled on a base of hashbrowns.....don't judge me! :lol:

Makes me want a proper English breakfast, had a great one in Leicester all on a hoagie. Yum

Archived