The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Weird Food Combinations

Toews

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

i had 2 ladies chop up an onion and back it in a cake.....it was actually quite good...i wouldn't bake one myself though...i always have pineapple on my peperoni pizza and put salt on my apples...

gotta have pineapple with pepperoni.

the salt on fruit thing is surprisingly delicious.

When I was in Costa Rica they put salt on mangos and it actually works (and keeps you from getting dehydrated).

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

gotta have pineapple with pepperoni.

the salt on fruit thing is surprisingly delicious.

When I was in Costa Rica they put salt on mangos and it actually works (and keeps you from getting dehydrated).

some people put sugar on tomatos,,being that they are a fruit..love tomatos..but NEVER with sugar.

You are right about the salt..when we raided apple trees as a kid we always had a shaker of salt..makes green apples edible.

Today I had a cheeseburger with guacamole from McDonalds.  I am not familiar with the McDonalds menu, but I saw a sign advertising guacamole, and thought how that would taste great on a cheeseburger. 

I wish the Thai restaurant I eat at would put avocado on my Pad Thai.  I asked once, and they looked at me weird, and declined. I thought about taking it to go, and taking avocados and putting it on at home.  I also called them once for delivery, and asked if they delivered wine with food, and a good  NO.  I didn't understand why since I drink wine there every time.

If I cook a frozen pizza, I really like to pile on pepper jack cheese, and avocado and smoked salmon if I have it. 

Oysters with eggs, avocado, and pepper jack cheese is great.  I could put it on top of crackers. 

Sometimes I will take an almond snickers and add more almonds to it.  It's like double snickers!

I don't mix my wine with other wines, but sometimes I get creative and mix my champagne with juices or other fizzy fruit drinks.

Right now I am thinking how I could go to Dick's Drive In to buy fries, and mix them with ranch, avocado, and bacon. 

And of course I eat just about everything with a fork and knife, except for Thai and sushi.  I eat that with chop sticks.  I have a small mouth, and it's much cleaner to eat with a fork and knife.  There's a restaurant called the Crab Pot, and I think they put seafood on the table to eat with your hands.  Panic would come about if I went there. I wouldn't know what to do.

On 8/5/2016 at 10:57 AM, brilac said:

Today I had a cheeseburger with guacamole from McDonalds.  I am not familiar with the McDonalds menu, but I saw a sign advertising guacamole, and thought how that would taste great on a cheeseburger. 

I wish the Thai restaurant I eat at would put avocado on my Pad Thai.  I asked once, and they looked at me weird, and declined. I thought about taking it to go, and taking avocados and putting it on at home.  I also called them once for delivery, and asked if they delivered wine with food, and a good  NO.  I didn't understand why since I drink wine there every time.

If I cook a frozen pizza, I really like to pile on pepper jack cheese, and avocado and smoked salmon if I have it. 

Oysters with eggs, avocado, and pepper jack cheese is great.  I could put it on top of crackers. 

Sometimes I will take an almond snickers and add more almonds to it.  It's like double snickers!

I don't mix my wine with other wines, but sometimes I get creative and mix my champagne with juices or other fizzy fruit drinks.

Right now I am thinking how I could go to Dick's Drive In to buy fries, and mix them with ranch, avocado, and bacon. 

And of course I eat just about everything with a fork and knife, except for Thai and sushi.  I eat that with chop sticks.  I have a small mouth, and it's much cleaner to eat with a fork and knife.  There's a restaurant called the Crab Pot, and I think they put seafood on the table to eat with your hands.  Panic would come about if I went there. I wouldn't know what to do.

You seem to be quite creative with your food. I love it. Makes me feel rather unimaginative though lol. I get that from my mom, she used to have a set recipe for everything and never deviated from it. For her there was a "right" way to make things and you couldn't deviate from that.

Archived