The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you think we will have Evander Kane as our 2LW next year?

Hortankin

Do we trade for Kane?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know everyone is tired of Evander Kane talk and a lot may say I could post this is multiple threads, but I just want to see what percentage feels like it will happen. Even if they don't like the idea of acquiring him.

To me this sounds like a sure trade in the makings. I find myself constantly checking to see if VC posted the trade and it's beginning to annoy me lol. I feel like it's a certainty he will be on our team next year and I'm just awaiting who we give up. Just get it done already! Lol

I myself would love to take a shot at him, he is only 24 and he can be a consistent 30 goal scorer in this league. If he can mature and get over the teenager act he can be a huge piece for our rebuild. Just imagine a line with Kane, Horvat, and Virtanen .. Oh my that would be deadly in 3 years.

There is a lot of risk taking him, so if it does cost us a key young player I say walk away. However I think we could get him for Sbisa and a 2nd, maybe even another b prospect or 2 (Grenier, Cassels) and that I would do for sure. I think Benning knows they can get Kane for cheap and Buffalo is trying for young players like Baertschi or Virtanen, but when it's all said and done I believe everyone will be happy with the trade and it won't include any of our key young guys. If they do play hard ball and demand a young key player, I say we hold off until he signs via UFA.

So this is my prediction.

Van trades:

Sbisa

Cassels/Grenier

2nd

Buf trades

Kane

6th

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Kane Sutter Virtanen

Baertschi Horvat Hansen

Etem Gaunce Granlund

Burrows, Dorset

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Tryamkin Larsen

Pedan Stetcher

Miller

Markstrom

Kane Horvat Virtanen

Baertschi Sutter Boeser

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Etem Gaunce Rodin

Juolevi Gudbranson

Hutton Tryamkin

Edler Tanev

Markstrom

Demko

7 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

I know everyone is tired of Evander Kane talk and a lot may say I could post this is multiple threads, but I just want to see what percentage feels like it will happen. Even if they don't like the idea of acquiring him.

To me this sounds like a sure trade in the makings. I find myself constantly checking to see if VC posted the trade and it's beginning to annoy me lol. I feel like it's a certainty he will be on our team next year and I'm just awaiting who we give up. Just get it done already! Lol

I myself would love to take a shot at him, he is only 24 and he can be a consistent 30 goal scorer in this league. If he can mature and get over the teenager act he can be a huge piece for our rebuild. Just imagine a line with Kane, Horvat, and Virtanen .. Oh my that would be deadly in 3 years.

There is a lot of risk taking him, so if it does cost us a key young player I say walk away. However I think we could get him for Sbisa and a 2nd, maybe even another b prospect or 2 (Grenier, Cassels) and that I would do for sure. I think Benning knows they can get Kane for cheap and Buffalo is trying for young players like Baertschi or Virtanen, but when it's all said and done I believe everyone will be happy with the trade and it won't include any of our key young guys. If they do play hard ball and demand a young key player, I say we hold off until he signs via UFA.

So this is my prediction.

Van trades:

Sbisa

Cassels/Grenier

2nd

Buf trades

Kane

6th

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Kane Sutter Virtanen

Baertschi Horvat Hansen

Etem Gaunce Granlund

Burrows, Dorset

Edler Tanev

Hutton Gudbranson

Tryamkin Larsen

Pedan Stetcher

Miller

Markstrom

Kane Horvat Virtanen

Baertschi Sutter Boeser

Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Etem Gaunce Rodin

Juolevi Gudbranson

Hutton Tryamkin

Edler Tanev

Markstrom

Demko

No thanks, Kane is uber talented, gifted even, but he is way to much of a liability with his off ice antics and very poor character. We would be better off to just leave the roster as is.

The Canucks can't afford Kane.  Once he's over and done with his legal problems, his price will go back up.

Trading a solid piece(s) of the future of the Canucks for a player who may land in prison some day soon is one way to add on extra years to the rebuild.

34 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

I find myself constantly checking to see if VC posted the trade and it's beginning to annoy me lol.

Sorry, not my fault!

From what I have been hearing from the rumour mill, it seems like Jim Benning isn't afraid to pull the trigger. The big question is, what is the current asking price? Many teams around the league will also be in on Evander Kane. His value right now is at an all-time low, but if teams start bidding and the Sabres go for the best offer, then the return that the Sabres get could be a good one. Hopefully, we don't overpay and throw in a roster player or a high-end prospect for a guy that does have talent, but carries risks as well.

I would trade for him at a discounted rate. B prospect and a 2nd maybe, but more than that would not be worth the risk IMO. 

He's 24.... Just about at the age where he can't get away with doing this dumb stuff anymore... I think he will eventually turn the corner and grow up, so I would take a shot at him if the price was reasonable. 

1 minute ago, Positive Canuck said:

because theyre getting rid of a woman beating cancer and have to take some cap back.

The Sabres have around 9 million in cap space and still have to sign Ristolainen and Girgensons.  They can't afford to pick up an overpaid ex-goalie.

Archived