The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Inside of T-Mobile Arena

I returned from touring the new T-Mobile Arena, home of the new NHL expansion team.  I have to say this arena is really snazzy and cutting edge!  The Hyde lounge is really unique and an upper class Vegas-style bar area. 

I was chatting with the arena security staff member mentioning the official team name will be the "Dark Knights." Instead of "Black Knights" (due to legal issues)... I am not keen on the name at all, even using the "Knights." First thing comes to mind is Batman... I don't know how are they going to get out of that? I just wish they drop the "Knights" for good and come up something better that is part of the Nevada culture. Seriously, Las Vegas isn't West Point...

Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to share and here's some photos of the arena with the ice.

Edit: I'm having trouble uploading photos from my phone. I will post it again on here shortly when I have on a photo-sharing site.  

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

imgurl

3 hours ago, Gooseberries said:

Why do they already have ice?

It does seem a bit early. Probably for these tours like this one. Plus I would imagine they would want to work out any ice quality issues prior to the team using it. They will probably have some promotions and rentals using the ice as well.

Good thing they have a nice building.  The fans in Vegas are going to need something to enjoy because even though the league is manipulating the expansion process to give them an advantage - they're going to be bad for a while. 

9 minutes ago, PlanB said:

Good thing they have a nice building.  The fans in Vegas are going to need something to enjoy because even though the league is manipulating the expansion process to give them an advantage - they're going to be bad for a while. 

Maybe the majority of fans will be cheering for the visiting teams?  

28 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

Dark Knights would be the worst team name in the NHL, and one of the worst in any of the major NA pro sport leagues IMO.

More so than the BJs?

29 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

Dark Knights would be the worst team name in the NHL, and one of the worst in any of the major NA pro sport leagues IMO.

Kinda hard to top out the Maple Leafs ;)

28 minutes ago, Kakanucks said:

I was just in Vegas last week, didn't see a single advertisement or billboard for this NHL team in Vegas.

Not a thing outside of T- Mobile Arena either.  Or maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

Name isn't official yet and team is a year away from entering the league. 

1 hour ago, Kakanucks said:

I was just in Vegas last week, didn't see a single advertisement or billboard for this NHL team in Vegas.

Not a thing outside of T- Mobile Arena either.  Or maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

I did a rafting trip there down the Grand Canyon last month,  my guide already had his deposit on a pair of season tickets. 

People know about the team and are excited. 

Archived