The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2016 Rio Olympics Thread

-Vintage Canuck-

22 minutes ago, sonoman said:

Who the heck designed those ugly uni's though? 

image.jpegOh, and gold medal thread VC.  Thanks for getting this started

I was just going to post this...you beat me..I have never seen such ugly outfits..the States outfits are gag worthy..on a whole they all suck.

I really haven't had any interest leading up to these olympics, but now that it's here I'll probably casually watch them.  Definitely interested in track as I believe we half legit shot at gold in 100m. Also will keep an eye on women's soccer. 

What other sports are we supposed to have good shots at medals in?

1 minute ago, gmen81 said:

Women's basketball is peaking at the right time. :) 

They placed fifth at the last world championships. I think they are even better now.

They slaughtered all other teams at qualification last year. (note: qualification did not include US and Brazil's team was kind of weak. Neither of these teams had to qualify)

14 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

I really haven't had any interest leading up to these olympics, but now that it's here I'll probably casually watch them.  Definitely interested in track as I believe we half legit shot at gold in 100m. Also will keep an eye on women's soccer. 

womens trampoline...womens gynastics...mens pole vault...possibly mens high jump....womens pentathalon.....usually do well in rowing and the odd medal in swimming.

Archived