The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour/Speculation] Hudler/Canucks

14 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Much rather see Hudler in the mix, than: "Vrbata close to re-signing with the Canucks"

I agree that big gritty forwards is better, but Hudler provides some tenacity and he's a playmaker, he can put up points. He was basically a point-a-game player in 2014/15, so maybe he'll be somewhat productive on our 2nd line? Or will he play with Horvat on the 3rd? He's listed as  C, but I'm assuming he'll play LW?

He's more effective at RW.   Hasn't played C in Calgary.

Fwiw he had good chemistry with Baertschi.

I sincerely hope he signs somewhere else, unlike Smithers Joe, I won't arbitrarily cheer for players because they don the logo....if someone wants to call me a bandwagoner or fair-weather fan for that, then they can believe what they want, I've been a fan for my 39 years  and my support for the team has never waivered despite my contempt for many douche nozzle players along the way.  Hudler is basically Radulov.  He's in it for himself, not the team. 

15 minutes ago, Raymond Luxury Yacht said:

I sincerely hope he signs somewhere else, unlike Smithers Joe, I won't arbitrarily cheer for players because they don the logo....if someone wants to call me a bandwagoner or fair-weather fan for that, then they can believe what they want, I've been a fan for my 39 years  and my support for the team has never waivered despite my contempt for many douche nozzle players along the way.  Hudler is basically Radulov.  He's in it for himself, not the team. 

Hmmm. I didn't know he had those issues. I hadn't heard that before.

That's exactly how I feel about Kane playing here....

Either way IMO we need more secondary scoring. What about Pirri?

Daniel-Henrik-Eriksson

Baertschi-Sutter-Hansen

Pirri-Horvat-Rodin(or Virtanen)

Etem/Burrows-Granlund-Dorsett

(Virtanen most likely in Utica for further development)

Not a huge fan of Hudler but nonetheless he's a skilled guy who can put up points.

And I'm fairly certain his addition would raise our goals total and differential. 

So if the choice is between adding Hudler or making no further moves, I'm definitely on the add Hudler side.

Maybe not the player this team truly needs. But he might be the best available option (realistically anyway).

You'd have to think he'll at least get as much as Perron. Which is a significant chunk of change. Not sure how I feel about this. I suppose I'd be ok with a 2 year deal and no NTC. He probably still has a couple more 40+ point seasons in him. 

10 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Hmmm. I didn't know he had those issues. I hadn't heard that before.

That's exactly how I feel about Kane playing here....

Either way IMO we need more secondary scoring. What about Pirri?

Daniel-Henrik-Eriksson

Baertschi-Sutter-Hansen

Pirri-Horvat-Rodin(or Virtanen)

Etem/Burrows-Granlund-Dorsett

(Virtanen most likely in Utica for further development)

I have a fairly solid "in" with the management of one his former teams and he was apparently brutal to deal with.  I can see the Kane comparison, the only reason I would consider a gamble on Kane is because he's from here, and I want to see him un-douche himself.  If he is a woman beater as the lawsuit suggests, then I'm totally with you, I have no time for that.

Honestly, I hope we don't add anyone, I want to see our current roster over achieve and win through hard work.  Our gamble is Rodin, he could be a difference maker, somewhat like Panarin was in Chi.

I think with Virt and Gaunce as call-ups, we don't need anyone, we can use Etem with Bo.  We still have Grenier and Zalewski for call-ups.  Save the cap space.  That said, I would not complain at all about Pirri, I just don't see him adding a lot of goals.

Dank-Hank-Son of Erik

Baer-Sutter-Hansen ...I'd prefer Bo there, I think he will score more than Sutter, but whatever, I'm no scout.

Etem-Bo-Rodin ....or Dorsett (Sagan help us)

Burr-Granlund-Dorsett ...or Ganuce

Yeah, I figure 15-20 goals (40-45 points) for Hudler. Going to be some tough competition for Rodin to crack that right side.

Eriksson, Hansen, Virtanen, Rodin, Burrows, Dorsett, Hudler

Is it safe to say Rodin will bolt back to Europe if he doesn't make the Canucks?

3 minutes ago, Raymond Luxury Yacht said:

I have a fairly solid "in" with the management of one his former teams and he was apparently brutal to deal with.  I can see the Kane comparison, the only reason I would consider a gamble on Kane is because he's from here, and I want to see him un-douche himself.  If he is a woman beater as the lawsuit suggests, then I'm totally with you, I have no time for that.

Honestly, I hope we don't add anyone, I want to see our current roster over achieve and win through hard work.  Our gamble is Rodin, he could be a difference maker, somewhat like Panarin was in Chi.

I think with Virt and Gaunce as call-ups, we don't need anyone, we can use Etem with Bo.  We still have Grenier and Zalewski for call-ups.  Save the cap space.  That said, I would not complain at all about Pirri, I just don't see him adding a lot of goals.

Dank-Hank-Son of Erik

Baer-Sutter-Hansen ...I'd prefer Bo there, I think he will score more than Sutter, but whatever, I'm no scout.

Etem-Bo-Rodin ....or Dorsett (Sagan help us)

Burr-Granlund-Dorsett ...or Ganuce

I'm not sold on Rodin, I hope he works out but I would love to have a contingency if he doesn't.

I want to see more goals next season!

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yeah, I figure 15-20 goals (40-45 points) for Hudler. Going to be some tough competition for Rodin to crack that right side.

Is it safe to say Rodin will bolt back to Europe if he doesn't make the Canucks?

I'd say that's a safe assumption. I believe he has made comments or hinted to that effect. Same with Tryamkin.

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

He'll probably have to spend some time in Utica to adjust to the physicality of the smaller rink. 

The last 3 gold helmet winners all had experience on the smaller rink before but have struggled to establish themselves when coming back.  Bud Holloway, Joakim Lindstrom returned to Europe and Derek Ryan did re-sign a two-way deal.
Zuccarello and Silfverberg were younger and never had experience on the smaller ice and had to spend time in the AHL before making the jump.

Rodin sounds a bit like an entitled player. Not willing to really earn his spot and fight his way into the lineup. He sounds more like Radulov than Hudler does IMO. The guy's never played an NHL game and wants to be gifted a spot? Going to be an interesting camp.

9 minutes ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

I'm not sold on Rodin, I hope he works out but I would love to have a contingency if he doesn't.

I want to see more goals next season!

Damn right!  I hope Rodin is the one, but I hear what you're saying.  I think a trade is the way to go for more scoring...just not any of my favourites. ^_^

8 minutes ago, mll said:

He'll probably have to spend some time in Utica to adjust to the physicality of the smaller rink. 

The last 3 gold helmet winners all had experience on the smaller rink before but have struggled to establish themselves when coming back.  Bud Holloway, Joakim Lindstrom returned to Europe and Derek Ryan did re-sign a two-way deal.
Zuccarello and Silfverberg were younger and never had experience on the smaller ice and had to spend time in the AHL before making the jump.

He's already done AHL time with the Chicago Wolves so he's played on smaller rinks. Shouldn't be an issue

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Rodin sounds a bit like an entitled player. Not willing to really earn his spot and fight his way into the lineup. He sounds more like Radulov than Hudler does IMO. The guy's never played an NHL game and wants to be gifted a spot? Going to be an interesting camp.

If you look at it from his perspective it makes sense. He had a good thing going in Europe, so I wouldn't blame him for only wanting to play in Vancouver. I wouldn't pack up my life and move to a different continent to play in the minors either

Just now, TheCammer said:

He's already done AHL time with the Chicago Wolves so he's played on smaller rinks. Shouldn't be an issue

So did Bud Holloway and so did Joakim Lindstrom (who even played in the NHL).

Archived