The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

KHL Player tries to beat up entire Chinese team!

TheRick

1 minute ago, TheRick said:

It's a new KHL team in China to be more specific.

Ahh, ok. I thought it was their national team. I checked the roster, and there's no one who has any citizenship in China: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HC_Kunlun_Red_Star . The only one who has a Chinese-sounding last name is actually a local kid (Vancouver, BC): Zach Yuen.

I like this guys style. 

On a more serious note this guy obviously went overboard. However I do understand why he was mad. That initial player dove so hard. I don't think you need a stretcher after someone punches you with a glove on. It was a clear penalty but buddy was acting as if he was shot. Still doesn't justify pu ching 18 other skaters lmao.

5 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Ahh, ok. I thought it was their national team. I checked the roster, and there's no one who has any citizenship in China: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HC_Kunlun_Red_Star . The only one who has a Chinese-sounding last name is actually a local kid (Vancouver, BC): Zach Yuen.

That's what happened to Zach Yuen? He was drafted by the Jets, never signed his ELC I believe, joined the Marlies, and now he's in the KHL?

1 minute ago, Gooseberries said:

I like this guys style. 

On a more serious note this guy obviously went overboard. However I do understand why he was mad. That initial player dove so hard. I don't think you need a stretcher after someone punches you with a glove on. It was a clear penalty but buddy was acting as if he was shot. Still doesn't justify pu ching 18 other skaters lmao.

I can't agree.  Would you like to be punched in the head sometime when you aren't expecting it (I'll use a hockey glove if it makes you feel better)?  Glove on or not, if you catch someone the right way (especially if they aren't suspecting it) you can do quite a lot of damage.  It's not always the surface damage that matters (i.e. a bleeding cut makes people squirm but that isn't the indication of injury), one can break an upper neck bone or have a concussion from that kind of hit and YOU would never know it Dr. Gooseberries!  I stand by my original comment, the guy has no class and you supporting him doesn't look good on you either.

3 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

I like this guys style. 

Pu Ching - ancient Asian martial art mixing grappling with one hand and punching with the other; most effective on ice versus a multitude of opponents.

3 minutes ago, nux_win said:

I can't agree.  Would you like to be punched in the head sometime when you aren't expecting it (I'll use a hockey glove if it makes you feel better)?  Glove on or not, if you catch someone the right way (especially if they aren't suspecting it) you can do quite a lot of damage.  It's not always the surface damage that matters (i.e. a bleeding cut makes people squirm but that isn't the indication of injury), one can break an upper neck bone or have a concussion from that kind of hit and YOU would never know it Dr. Gooseberries!  I stand by my original comment, the guy has no class and you supporting him doesn't look good on you either.

Meh. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  Looked like he's selling it to me and it obviously appeared that way to the KHL maniac too as he was trying to pick him up. Im not supporting him. I clearly said it doesn't justify punching out an entire team. Regardless of your thoughts, I won't lose any sleep tonight if you disagree with me.

I wonder how brave he would have been if the other team had a NHL caliber goon that's 6'5 250 lbs.  Probably wouldn't have been as tough...

He reminds me of the little guys in rec hockey that act like they're the coming of the next John Scott but they're 100 lbs soaking wet at most...:lol:

5 minutes ago, chon derry said:

first the 100,000 millionaire immigrant thread now this ,boy the chinese taking it hard today.....side note this chinese team doesn't have"it"  can't see them sticking together , think their gunna fall apart ......

Lol the Chinese have been tearing it up with Olympic Gold in the diving category. 

Archived