The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WHERE TO GET A FRESH CUT?!!!

Bruce Boudreau

2 hours ago, numb3r 16 said:

Mancave in metrotown is really good

For real though? Do you know any of the barbers by name one guy better than the others?

Other place with decent reviews was Salon Supreme which is around $25 I think. They give some good fades but apparently they are heavily booked and have only 2 chairs so you have to make an appointment ahead of time. Walk-ins probably have to wait like crazy.

How much was it at the ManCave Metro town plus tip for your cut?

Can you walk in and what time is the best?

Also what kind of haircut do you get? Know the specific name and measurements or do you just show a picture on your phone and let em create with what your hair and face type would be suitable?

Thank you thinking of going on Friday afternoon. Weekends must be crazy busy.

33 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

For real though? Do you know any of the barbers by name one guy better than the others?

Other place with decent reviews was Salon Supreme which is around $25 I think. They give some good fades but apparently they are heavily booked and have only 2 chairs so you have to make an appointment ahead of time. Walk-ins probably have to wait like crazy.

How much was it at the ManCave Metro town plus tip for your cut?

Can you walk in and what time is the best?

Also what kind of haircut do you get? Know the specific name and measurements or do you just show a picture on your phone and let em create with what your hair and face type would be suitable?

Thank you thinking of going on Friday afternoon. Weekends must be crazy busy.

I've been there only a couple times with different barbers and both times I've been quite impressed, I usually show them a picture and theyre pretty spot on.

Haircuts are usually only 20$ and you can walk-in put your phone number in their machine and they'll send you a text once there's a seat open, I usually just walk around the mall till I get that text.

I got a side-part style haircut with close to shaved sides. Check out their Instagram or Facebook page they have some slick haircuts on there.

11 minutes ago, numb3r 16 said:

I've been there only a couple times with different barbers and both times I've been quite impressed, I usually show them a picture and theyre pretty spot on.

Haircuts are usually only 20$ and you can walk-in put your phone number in their machine and they'll send you a text once there's a seat open, I usually just walk around the mall till I get that text.

I got a side-part style haircut with close to shaved sides. Check out their Instagram or Facebook page they have some slick haircuts on there.

Do they take debit or VISA or is it Cash only?

Thanks for the reply. Gonna check it out for sure and hope that I have a good style going for my vacation next week.

6 hours ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Why does every man these days get this haircut? It's awful. 

Really I thought most guys got these because girls prefer short hair with a little bit on top.

What's wrong with it exactly in your opinion as a female?

Obviously women and men will disagree on what looks good.

So in general as a young and attractive female what kind of hairstyle do you prefer on guys.

Again this is probably different depending on your age and same goes for men.

6 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Really I thought most guys got these because girls prefer short hair with a little bit on top.

What's wrong with it exactly in your opinion as a female?

Obviously women and men will disagree on what looks good.

So in general as a young and attractive female what kind of hairstyle do you prefer on guys.

Again this is probably different depending on your age and same goes for men.

I like the short on the side, longer on top look, but the look is too severe when the sides are SUPER short and the top is long (Louis Domingue from ARI, for example). The really sharp lines along the hairline kind of make the hair look fake. Shaving in a part (as opposed to parting the hair with a comb) looks too artifical as well. Plus sooo many men are wearing that style now, it's refreshing to see something different.

I prefer a bit longer of a cut on men, if their bone structure can support it (Millsy and Hutton, for example). Y'all know I love some hockey hair though. 

On August 10, 2016 at 8:16 PM, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Totally agree. Why wear your hair or clothes that are in style if they don't suit your face or style?

Maybe look for a place that will offer you a consultation about your face shape etc. and offer you some suggestions. It certainly won't hurt and should be free.

On August 9, 2016 at 5:16 PM, Chip Kelly said:

In my opinion some of the more edgier undercut and man bun with beards and thick rim glasses styles and etc are more douchebag hipster. The guys that put oil in their beards and have the mountain/hippie traveler look.

I would not really consider this a douchebag style I have seen tons of guys with it from even young kids to teenagers all the way to 35 plus year old dudes who like to dress younger and appear stylish and with the times.

I have seen way more eccentric looks than that actually.

The undercut if you look it up and most of the new hairstyles like fades,undercuts,part lines, lineuos, tapers all have some classic roots going back to the 70's, 60's, and so forth.

An example would be the modern pompadour which is inspired by Elvis' classic styled do.

That really is the turbo douche haircut.   

Go to Granville and start counting them. That hair cut is on atleast 50-60% of hipsters. 

And what is douchey about oiling your beard?   

I am the farthest thing from a hipster. 

I have a large beard because I grew up in the Rockies and its cold without it.  

I oil it because it gets very dry after conditioning which makes it look frizzy. 

Is that douchey?

On 8/10/2016 at 8:16 PM, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Mine isn't quite as drastic as that one is, but I have a pretty good reason for getting a similar cut.

My hair grows out on the sides when it gets long (so it starts to get a poofy football like shape) and my hair is pretty thin on the top (so when it's short you can see a bit too much of my scalp for my comfort).  Keeping the sides short, and the top long and combed over hides both of these problems!

3 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

Speaking of which, does anyone know of any good shops in the Coquitlam area?

Place I go to has started to get a bit too inconsistent on a barber to barber basis, and the only one who does a really good job only works 1 day a week now.

I hear the rami's on shaugnessy isn't bad. Just don't let them near your beard

On 13/08/2016 at 9:45 AM, drummerboy said:

That really is the turbo douche haircut.   

Go to Granville and start counting them. That hair cut is on atleast 50-60% of hipsters. 

And what is douchey about oiling your beard?   

I am the farthest thing from a hipster. 

I have a large beard because I grew up in the Rockies and its cold without it.  

I oil it because it gets very dry after conditioning which makes it look frizzy. 

Is that douchey?

Well I was referring to the hipsters who just keep a lumberjack beard for a style and it is has nothing to do with living in cold or where you grew up. They are also the type that weare non prescription thick rimmed glasses just to make a fashion statement.

Beard oils and keeping long beards without a functional purpose is pretty hipster. In your case it is totally different.

I'm sure you have seen the douche haircut guys with long beards as well also with the curled moustaches etc and also wearing those glasses.

So my first time today I went to the Man Cave in Metro town. 

They asked me if I wanted a specific barber and me being new I said no. They all seemed to be working really fast they just want to get you in and out quick. 

A bald Arabian guy with a beard cut my hair. I showed him this picture and all he asked was how short and went to work. All trimmer faded the sides and back said he wouldn't use scissors to thin out my thick hair because it is not good for it apparently even though my hair is not that long. Decent haircut but with the tip it is on the pricier end. They basically just do short haircut variations didn't see too many long hairstyles.

First time there 20 bucks for a haircut plus 2 dollar tip and he added a $1 for "styling it" he put some gel in it and gave it slight direction with his hands.

Whole haircut lastly 10 minutes exactly.

He was more distracted talking and watching the Olympics and looking for other customers outside with a quick glance or two.

Overall I would go again but I would prefer if next time the guy took a minute to actually look at my face shape and hair type to determine if the style will suit me.

I would like a place where they spend more time I don't need the fast pace. Who has somewhere to be on a Sunday afternoon anyways?

Overall 5/10. For guy rushing too much and not being attentive enough. Next haircut I'm going be trying Salon Supreme on Kingsway because apparently they are one of the best at clean fades in town.

They are charging $25 plus styling, beard trim etc would be all extra plus tip like any other place.

Military-Rockabilly0Haircut-Front.jpg

Archived