The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick Roy leaving Colorado [QUITS]

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

the vision of the coach and VP-Hockey Operations needs to be perfectly aligned with that of the organization. He must also have a say in the decisions that impact the team's performance. These conditions are not currently met.

I am grateful to the Colorado Avalanche organization, with which I remain in good terms

Interesting way to hang out your dirty laundry.

Clearly feels he should have had more of a 'share' of the GM duties.

Thought he was a bit of a hard-headed coach - imagine Joe Sakic isn't all that devastated by being free of working with him.

1 hour ago, captainhorvat said:

Burnaby joe

Why? Because he was born here? Where you are born isn't always where you call home. How much does Joe do around here. Look at Mitchell and and Hamhuis, gone but still hearts in BC. Joe is Colorado to his fingertips. Hell, we couldn't even get him to hold a torch for five seconds in 2010.

Don't get me wrong, Sakic is a great player and I respect him, but not to give him accolades he doesn't deserve or even seem to want

12 minutes ago, nzan said:

wha?!!!! I've never heard anybody ever say a bad thing about "Mr. Sakic". was he a dick to you in high school or something?

As far as this event, doesn't this just seem exactly like Roy has always been? Passionate and explosive...

He gets so much love from here but does nothign to deserve it, other than being one of the best athletes to come from our region.  I'm huge on local talent, I love it when they reciprocate the support with charity, exposure, or any kind of love whatsoever.  I feel none of that from Colorado Joe.  He could have at least been a torch bearer at the 2010 games.

2 minutes ago, Raymond Luxury Yacht said:

He gets so much love from here but does nothign to deserve it, other than being one of the best athletes to come from our region.  I'm huge on local talent, I love it when they reciprocate the support with charity, exposure, or any kind of love whatsoever.  I feel none of that from Colorado Joe.  He could have at least been a torch bearer at the 2010 games.

Is Sakic not an Easter European name?  It sounds a lot like Lucic. :o

1 minute ago, TimberWolf said:

Why? Because he was born here? Where you are born isn't always where you call home. How much does Joe do around here. Look at Mitchell and and Hamhuis, gone but still hearts in BC. Joe is Colorado to his fingertips. Hell, we couldn't even get him to hold a torch for five seconds in 2010.

I could care less about joe sakic was just stating a fact that he is known as burnaby joe and not colorado joe. Btw did someone piss in your cornflakes this morning?

6 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

I could care less about joe sakic was just stating a fact that he is known as burnaby joe and not colorado joe. Btw did someone piss in your cornflakes this morning?

Well, since we like to go around correcting people, how much less could you care?

Pulls his goalie too early in games and pulls himself out before his signed contract is done as Coach. Classless and self-centred. I hope he doesn't get any other offers. 

Refuses to be on a team in tough times. Just like when he refused to play with Montreal.

3 hours ago, Spoosh said:

Although Roy never was one of my favorite players, I really thought that the Avalanche organization would bea good fit for him. Makes you wonder about the atmosphere there. It must really be an unpleasant enviroment there for a head coach & vp to resign like that.

I think working with Sakic must be a hard go...Im more worried about losing Green to the Avs now

2 hours ago, Slegr said:

Pulls his goalie too early in games and pulls himself out before his signed contract is done as Coach. Classless and self-centred. I hope he doesn't get any other offers. 

Refuses to be on a team in tough times. Just like when he refused to play with Montreal.

Also quit on team Canada for the Olympics when he got his feelings hurt. Brodeur was better anyway by that time and no one missed the whiner.

Archived