The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick Roy leaving Colorado [QUITS]

9 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Power struggle plain and simple.   He wanted more say,  but wasn't given it apparently. 

Patrick will go back to Jr where he is GOD and has COMPLETE control. 

Does he still own the Ramparts? 

Good to see a guy stand up for himself and his beliefs at the risk of being blacklisted and leaving his job instead of becoming the scapegoat. I have never liked Roy as a player or coach but I have more respect for him than benning. And to some degree gillis who when he finally did step up he was quickly blamed for every problem and relieved. 

Nice to see real men not just yes men (benning)still exist.

13 minutes ago, combover said:

Good to see a guy stand up for himself and his beliefs at the risk of being blacklisted and leaving his job instead of becoming the scapegoat. I have never liked Roy as a player or coach but I have more respect for him than benning. And to some degree gillis who when he finally did step up he was quickly blamed for every problem and relieved. 

Nice to see real men not just yes men (benning)still exist.

Okie dokie!

1 hour ago, Spoosh said:

Although Roy never was one of my favorite players, I really thought that the Avalanche organization would bea good fit for him. Makes you wonder about the atmosphere there. It must really be an unpleasant enviroment there for a head coach & vp to resign like that.

I'm sure it was only made unpleasant by Roy himself. He is a guy with a big ego and didn't understand his roll. He was the coach, he was there to coach the players Sakic gave him to coach, he was not GM. Though I am sure Sakic listened to his vision for the team, clearly did not agree with it, or was unable to make hockey deals that would help Roy. So Roy quit, mainly because he did not get his own way.

53 minutes ago, Raymond Luxury Yacht said:

Burnaby Joe is long gone, he is 100% Colorado.  I'm leaving out a lot of words I would like to use to describe him out of respect for Burnanby and anyone here who remains a fan of him.

wha?!!!! I've never heard anybody ever say a bad thing about "Mr. Sakic". was he a dick to you in high school or something?

As far as this event, doesn't this just seem exactly like Roy has always been? Passionate and explosive...

Archived