The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Franchise Hockey Manager 2

RecklessReilly

Hello all, I am fairly new to the forum, despite being an avid reader for years. I am a big fan of GM mode style games and was getting tired of the EA platform. However I came across a game called Franchise Hockey Manager 2, and it is awesome. It is made by out of the park who makes a bunch of PC baseball games. It is very similar to an old game called Eastside Hockey Manager. You can buy it for 20 bucks on the apple store. Im sure you can find it other ways but I'm not all that computer savy. 

Anyways, I thought it was worth bringing up, its a very in depth manager game with all up to date rosters for the most part. It is far and away the best GM style game I have ever played.

Thoughts? Anyone already play this?

Cheers

I like the expansion draft option.  Not sure what version I have but it might be this one.  I like making myself and a bunch of friends as 12yo peewee players and seeing where everyone winds up.  Some go WHL, some go BCHL and others go junior B. and fall off the face of the earth lol.  That being said It does freeze quite a bit and it's not as deep as EHM but for $20 it's definitely worth it.  Just wish you could play the games even if the interface was like NHL94.

Also since I am 36 and my draft year would of been 1997 it is also fun using the historical rosters and seeing what if....  That being said how the hell did Vancouver poo the bed so hard in 1997?  According to the historical roster they had Linden, Bure, Mogilny, that Messier clown, and a slew full of tough guys like Gino, Brashear, Walker, and Scathard(sp?).  Guess the answer lies in net with Irbe and McLean... 

Too be honest I cant really remember everything about EHM but its really similar.  Yes the downfall is the actually games themselves are not very entertaining but thats not really what the game is about. Ya the expansion draft is really cool, I also like how there is no "one" way to evaluate players. You have to pick what skills your looking for and see how the stats matched up. I could go on for days about all the things you can do. My biggest problem is that I cant see my depth chart, so I have to look at my contract screen and see where things line up. I agree totally worth 20 bucks, you can spend hours on end fine tuning your team, staff, scouting etc...

Archived