The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

In less then 36 years, most of Richmond, YVR, some of Surrey, Langley will be under water. Middle East to become uninhabitable.

hsedin33

Was messing around with this map, not exactly sure how credible this is, but holy s***balls if true.

Even with extreme co2 cuts, we are in for some major readjustments to our coast by 2050. Goodbye highway 99, maybe hold off on that bridge?  Take a gander.

http://choices.climatecentral.org/#11/49.1310/-122.9449?compare=scenarios&carbon-end-yr=2050&scenario-a=minor-cuts&scenario-b=extreme-cuts

As for the middle east, I'll let secular talk do the talking

7 minutes ago, Losing With Pride said:

Why do I feel like we will be at war by than 

well if war does happen and this is true then the world won't have a population problem anymore. 

I wonder if Canada would force all physically able men and women to go to war in the event of WWIII. 

ZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

El Nino last year/this spring caused the record temperatures, and guess what?  

El Nina is taking hold = colder winter and spring in 2017.

"You might want to invest in a good pair of snow tires, as southern B.C. might be in for a cold, snowy winter if the Old Farmers’ Almanac forecast proves accurate.

The 224-year-old weather forecasting guide has released their extended forecastfor this winter and into October 2017 : it predicts the southern area of B.C., from Prince George and Cranbook to Vancouver, will see colder-than-normal temperatures with more precipitation than usual.

Last winter’s gigantic El Niño system, nicknamed the ‘Godzilla El Niño’ by NASA, stretched from March 2015 to June of this year, bringing warm temperatures and varying levels of precipitation to much of the world.

It also contributed to some record-breaking world temperatures and permanent environmental damage.

“This El Niño has caused some of the worst coral bleaching and death of any event we’ve ever seen,” said National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration coral reef watch co-ordinator Mark Eakin.

But the extreme climate system will now likely switch to La Niña, which historically brings cooler and wetter conditions to the Pacific Northwest region.

NOAA forecasts a 50 per cent chance of La Niña by the end of the summer and 75 per cent chance by the end of the fall."

http://globalnews.ca/news/2883145/southern-b-c-to-experience-cold-snowy-winter-according-to-farmers-almanac/

10 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

well if war does happen and this is true then the world won't have a population problem anymore. 

I wonder if Canada would force all physically able men and women to go to war in the event of WWIII. 

Good luck getting me to fight some war and give my life because oil companies deceived the public to maximize profits, and while more diplomatic solutions are available (economic assistance, relocation, population control, etc.).

Was in Hawaii 4 years ago for school; went snorkelling and the coral was beautiful, and it went on forever. I came back this year for the same trip and at the same sport the Coral had literally turned all white(a lot of it had died too). It was shocking. Was a mind-blowing experience for me on climate change. 

Or at least I'm told its from ocean acidification. What else could do that?

Does anyone know if sea water rise will be like floods/flash floods, where it all comes at once...After it hits a certain point, it all comes?

2 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Was in Hawaii 4 years ago for school; went snorkelling and the coral was beautiful, and it went on forever. I came back this year for the same trip and at the same sport the Coral had literally turned all white(a lot of it had died too). It was shocking. Was a mind-blowing experience for me on climate change. 

Does anyone know if sea water rise will be like floods/flash floods, where it all comes at once...After it hits a certain point, it all comes?

I would assume that as the oceans rise, the waves will penetrate deeper and deeper inland to the point where there will be a massive evacuation of that area. Storms might also cause excess flooding, nothing permanent I would assume. An earthquake around this time 'the big one' would be catastrophic however, think Japan several years ago.

My biggest concern would be in the US however, with half of Florida including Miami going under water. You can't simply move 100+ million people overnight. At some point the water will flow inland and at that point the US government better has it's poop together and have places for those people to go.

40 minutes ago, Heretic said:

"You might want to invest in a good pair of snow tires, as southern B.C. might be in for a cold, snowy winter if the Old Farmers’ Almanac forecast proves accurate.

The 224-year-old weather forecasting guide has released their extended forecastfor this winter and into October 2017 : it predicts the southern area of B.C., from Prince George and Cranbook to Vancouver, will see colder-than-normal temperatures with more precipitation than usual.

Last winter’s gigantic El Niño system, nicknamed the ‘Godzilla El Niño’ by NASA, stretched from March 2015 to June of this year, bringing warm temperatures and varying levels of precipitation to much of the world.

It also contributed to some record-breaking world temperatures and permanent environmental damage.

“This El Niño has caused some of the worst coral bleaching and death of any event we’ve ever seen,” said National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration coral reef watch co-ordinator Mark Eakin.

But the extreme climate system will now likely switch to La Niña, which historically brings cooler and wetter conditions to the Pacific Northwest region.

NOAA forecasts a 50 per cent chance of La Niña by the end of the summer and 75 per cent chance by the end of the fall."

http://globalnews.ca/news/2883145/southern-b-c-to-experience-cold-snowy-winter-according-to-farmers-almanac/

If this is true I would love it since it feels better watching hockey in a colder snowy environment::D

46 minutes ago, Heretic said:

/rollingeyes

14 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

It's not going to happen overnight.

Seawalls can be built, and dikes can be built higher. It's never going to come to a point where they just let cities go under.

Yeah, they will build these for sure. I'm guessing some areas they will let go and some they will protect. Richmond and YVR will be heavily barricaded. Sadly we just don't know just how bad the storms will be at this point.

39 minutes ago, hsedin33 said:

Yeah, they will build these for sure. I'm guessing some areas they will let go and some they will protect. Richmond and YVR will be heavily barricaded. Sadly we just don't know just how bad the storms will be at this point.

The water temperatures would have to increase substantially for us to ever get hurricanes on the West coast.

We'll likely get stronger winds and more torrential rain, but nothing like the devastating storms they'll see down along the Florida coast and in the gulf.

Some people's livelihoods are based upon NOT accepting this science.

Considering...

- CO2 levels

- Rapidly heating Arctic

- Torrential flooding and/or droughts

- Forest fires galore

- Methane's  exponential increase

- Global pop nearing 7.5 billion

- Sea surface temps

Yet the denial-ostriches scurry about in herds. Media sure don't help the cause.

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

Fukushima

19 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Fukushima

I'm not sure what speed Nuclear radiated water travels but I was first there about 15 months after the disaster. 

Plus I'm pretty sure coral bleaching is from a specific algae being rejected by the coral once it gets too hot, and the lack of the algae turns it white. Maybe the radiation kills it afterwards. 

Archived