The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

In less then 36 years, most of Richmond, YVR, some of Surrey, Langley will be under water. Middle East to become uninhabitable.

hsedin33

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

Lol. If they think I'm going to fight to support these f&$k faces we have running our country, they are nuts. 

The only way I'm fighting is if we get invaded and I need to defend my family. 

Other than that, I'm good here.  Lol

IMHAO, your attitude is not Canadian.  Do you realize how Canadian forces are accepted around the world, and why?  Go visit the Netherlands, and carry a backpack with our flag, and see what it means to be a Canadian.  

Just now, Alflives said:

:lol:

careful what and where you buy property?

Yep, pretty much... I just think its funny that people are still going on about something thats been happening for so long, and how so many people think humans are the sole reason for this change.... 

2 hours ago, stawns said:

the earth has been far warmer than it is now, even in recent history.  Climate is cyclical and we are coming out of an ice age, of course it's going to be getting warmer.   

Brilliant!

Back to work then everyone, there's nothing to see here.

1 minute ago, 6YPE said:

Yep, pretty much... I just think its funny that people are still going on about something thats been happening for so long, and how so many people think humans are the sole reason for this change.... 

Does it really matter where responsibility lies?  There are various theories on the extinction of the dinosaur.  They are extinct is all that really matters.  For humans to feel superior, like you say, is arrogance.  

Take this for what it's worth to you.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/hottest-month-july-2016-1.3722783

NASA calculated that July 2016 was 0.84 degrees Celsius (1.51 degrees Fahrenheit) warmer than the 1950-1980 global average. That's clearly hotter than the previous hotter months, about 0.1 degrees warmer than the previous record of July 2011 and July 2015, which were so close they were said to be in a tie for the hottest month on record, said NASA chief climate scientist Gavin Schmidt.

Scientists blame mostly man-made climate change from the burning of fossil fuel with an extra jump from the now-gone El Nino , which every few years is a natural warming of parts of the Pacific Ocean that changes weather worldwide.

Georgia Tech climate scientist Kim Cobb said this is significant "because global temperatures continue to warm even as a record-breaking El Nino event has finally released its grip."

I don't claim to "know" anything about climate change, but I have read many theories, and to me it seems likely that Mankind can be attributed to some of it, in conjunction with a natural cycle of change that would happen with or without us pulling all the oil and coal from the earth, burning it, and distributing the emissions into the atmosphere.  As a species we cannot reverse the effects, we can only react by polluting much less and finding ways to deal with the changes. 

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Does it really matter where responsibility lies?  There are various theories on the extinction of the dinosaur.  They are extinct is all that really matters.  For humans to feel superior, like you say, is arrogance.  

true

but the science surrounding climate change

is not just about monitoring what the climate is doing 

it's study and findings have determined that human activity has a direct impact on the acceleration of these changes

so it is not really helpful to say we are coming out of an ice age or some other natural cycle

the science suggests that we create ongoing damage which is not reverseable without significant changes in our activities

we are no longer in a normal climate cycle as a result

that is what the science is telling us

6 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

true

but the science surrounding climate change

is not just about monitoring what the climate is doing 

it's study and findings have determined that human activity has a direct impact on the acceleration of these changes

so it is not really helpful to say we are coming out of an ice age or some other natural cycle

the science suggests that we create ongoing damage which is not reverseable without significant changes in our activities

we are no longer in a normal climate cycle as a result

that is what the science is telling us

I think it depends on which scientists you are talking about. There are those that agree with what you're saying, that human activity has a huge impact on the climate, and others that say its not nearly the impact that others are saying... Pretty sure a lot of those "scientific findings" are dollar dependant. 

3 minutes ago, 6YPE said:

I think it depends on which scientists you are talking about. There are those that agree with what you're saying, that human activity has a huge impact on the climate, and others that say its not nearly the impact that others are saying... Pretty sure a lot of those "scientific findings" are dollar dependant. 

right and until recently the scientists that were not prepared to find a link between smoking and ill health were viewed by some as credible as well

people believe what they want to no matter what the evidence regarding reality

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

It's not going to happen overnight.

Seawalls can be built, and dikes can be built higher. It's never going to come to a point where they just let cities go under.

appreciate the common sense post.

How many times do we have to hear this city, that city, this place will be 10 feet under water....No doesn't work like that, takes time and yes things will be done to work with it to a degree.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO, your attitude is not Canadian.  Do you realize how Canadian forces are accepted around the world, and why?  Go visit the Netherlands, and carry a backpack with our flag, and see what it means to be a Canadian.  

What's not Canadian about being a peace keeper that doesn't want to attack but is will to defend his home when needed?   

Alf, following me around the boards and making stupid posts to everything I say only promotes what I've been saying about you.   You are a troll 

Your hockey input is embarrassing and exactly why people hate Canucks fans. 

Your opinions make you look like a child, tho you claim to be some old man. 

Give it up Alf.  

12 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Some people's livelihoods are based upon NOT accepting this science.

Considering...

- CO2 levels

- Rapidly heating Arctic

- Torrential flooding and/or droughts

- Forest fires galore

- Methane's  exponential increase

- Global pop nearing 7.5 billion

- Sea surface temps

Yet the denial-ostriches scurry about in herds. Media sure don't help the cause.

Considers that CO2 level were higher during the past ice-ages, the Artic isn't rapidly heating ( stats prove this) NASA satellites show more Arctic sea ice this year as well, Flooding/droughts have always happens- remember the dustbowl of the 1920/30s. Forest fires - no more or less than ever just more people affected due to larger population living where they never lived before.  Methanes increase would because of.....animals. Population - legitimate concern

Sea surface temperatures - hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Why the nastiness?  You do accept this is a family kind of site, with some young people too, right?  If you wish to espouse such nasty stuff, perhaps there are other places to write?  

Of course, this is completely your choice, but maybe moving on to hockey stuff is best?  

Well said.

Archived