The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Virtanen Vs Etem

dpn1

42 minutes ago, the harry said:

One should expect that people will write the correct name of the players at least in the head of a new topic. It is very astonishing that about 10% to 15% of all the players names in CDC are wrong spelled.

It's something about respect to wright the correct names, imo.

I see what you've done here, harry, you sneaky bugger you.

1 hour ago, the harry said:

One should expect that people will write the correct name of the players at least in the head of a new topic. It is very astonishing that about 10% to 15% of all the players names in CDC are wrong spelled.

Oh the irony. Complaining about spelling mistakes while making multiple grammatical errors yourself.

I see Etem's future as being a better version of Hansen. He's skates decently, he can hold the puck and make passes, and he has a better shot than Hansen. He can play physically and isn't bad in his own end. I have high hopes for Etem to be a great 3rd/4th liner for the next 5 years.

Either either our bottom 6 is going to be begging for goals like every other year. Let's let whoever scores more keep a spot and force others to fight to keep theirs. We've always needed more competition for our bottom 6 Burr is on the last year of his gifted spot.

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Either either our bottom 6 is going to be begging for goals like every other year. Let's let whoever scores more keep a spot and force others to fight to keep theirs. We've always needed more competition for our bottom 6 Burr is on the last year of his gifted spot.

Not sure Burr will be gifted a spot, he has a no trade clause, but not a no movement. He can be sent down for the 950K cap relief if he is out played. I feel he will be more useful on the 3rd/4th line than some others on our current roster however, and would still have him penciled into the lineup

1 hour ago, the harry said:

or write right not wright

2 hours ago, dpn1 said:

I  don't understand why  so many seem to put Etem over Vertanen when this season's Lineup is discussed.  Etem played 4 more games (including games with the Rangers) and his points were about the same as Jake's.  Etem hardly has a physical presence on the ice even though he is 6' 1" and 212 lb.  Jake makes an effort to hit all he can.  I think Jake is the better choice.  What do you all think?

If you're going to start a thread on one of our players, at least have the decency to spell their name right. 

2 hours ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

People place him in the AHL because he's only like 18 and playing top line minutes would do wonders for his development. Etem is like 24 and the time is now for him. He'd be a waste in the AHL and it's boom or bust time in the NHL for him

He can't play in the AHL at 18, he's 20 at the start of the season and therefore eligible for the AHL

Etem is fairly physical, at least in my opinion, but not too the affect of Jake. He has good wheels and finishes his checks, however I think Virtanen has the upper hand in shooting. Virtanen can turn broken plays into goals, Etem has trouble burying back door tap ins it seems. I remember near the end of last year how many chances etem had to score and he couldnt make it happen (missing chances is a good problem though). Etem is probably better defensively. Either make a solid athletic bottom 6 winger. I would think Jake going to Utica is best for his development but I hope he makes the team because he is always entertaining, good or bad. 

Sorry about the spelling but I thought you guys were ok with a few:),  I still think he is the better player b and just like Frankie was put on waivers for Ben Hutton, the same could happen again here.  It sounds like Jake is putting in the work this summer.  We may be all surprised at what he does.

3 hours ago, dpn1 said:

I  don't understand why  so many seem to put Etem over Vertanen when this season's Lineup is discussed.  Etem played 4 more games (including games with the Rangers) and his points were about the same as Jake's.  Etem hardly has a physical presence on the ice even though he is 6' 1" and 212 lb.  Jake makes an effort to hit all he can.  I think Jake is the better choice.  What do you all think?

You're career as an analyst is almost as rushed as Virtanen's rookie season.   

2 hours ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Last year was almost worth having Virtanen on the main roster just for this goal though:

Absolute beauty....and nice to be on the other end of a Luongo choke.

Great goal, also I resent the choke comment. Miller lets that in all night long.  

4 minutes ago, timmylu1 said:

You're career as an analyst is almost as rushed as Virtanen's rookie season.   

This whole posting thing is so much more fun with the crazy comments.  I am sorry but I still think that Jake will be a player we won't be able to send down because we will need what he brings.  Also, who ever thinks Etem is a physical player has been smokin' something because I can't remember seeing him run over anyone.

Archived