The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Virtanen Vs Etem

dpn1

7 hours ago, BowtieCanuck said:

You can't unbake a cake. Putting Virtanen into the AHL at the point will not help his growth. He needs to learn the NHL game more, he doesn't need to gain size, he needs to gain the ability to play and follow the NHL game. He's not Gilbert Brule, he will be able to adapt MUCH better to the NHL, even though he was rushed.

He needs to learn how to be more than a just crash and banger. Top line minutes with PP, and possibly PK in Uttica or 4th line minutes here?

I wouldn't say the cake was baked last year. The batter was mixed but didn't do much else. It may need slow cooking in the AHL.

15 minutes ago, Baggins said:

He needs to learn how to be more than a just crash and banger. Top line minutes with PP, and possibly PK in Uttica or 4th line minutes here?

I wouldn't say the cake was baked last year. The batter was mixed but didn't do much else. It may need slow cooking in the AHL.

Isn't the minute total contingent on JV's fitness, and natural aerobic capacity?  I wouldn't want him to be given minutes (at any level) he has not earned, or is not physically ready for.  Either the kid is ready for the minutes, or he's not, no?  

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Isn't the minute total contingent on JV's fitness, and natural aerobic capacity?  I wouldn't want him to be given minutes (at any level) he has not earned, or is not physically ready for.  Either the kid is ready for the minutes, or he's not, no?  

I agree. But unless he's head and shoulders better than another option I see big minutes and a bigger role in Uttica as the better option. A season there could do far more for his development than a minor role here.

Maybe we should wait to training camp before all the experts ship Vrt to the farm. He is much better and more effective than Etem is currently.

Plus with WD's buddy Vey gone who knows who will get Vey's 21 min a game. Last year when WD knew we were not going to make the playoff and he knew Vey would clearly be gone he still only played the kids 10 min a game.

Where would Vrt's development be if he got more ice time or if Sutter stayed healthy.

Vrt and Bo have the best potential of the forward group last year. Comparing Etem to Vrt or saying Etem should get more ice time is just foolish. if Vrt plays like Etem in 5 years i will cry.   

move hansen to the left side and Hansen, sutter, Vrt could be a very good checking line 

plus if Vrt is on the farm who the hell from our forward group is going to hit someone? Etem, Dan,  Hank, Bearcheese, Eriksson or Grandlund? 

1 hour ago, Kokanee king said:

Maybe we should wait to training camp before all the experts ship Vrt to the farm. He is much better and more effective than Etem is currently.

Plus with WD's buddy Vey gone who knows who will get Vey's 21 min a game. Last year when WD knew we were not going to make the playoff and he knew Vey would clearly be gone he still only played the kids 10 min a game.

Where would Vrt's development be if he got more ice time or if Sutter stayed healthy.

Vrt and Bo have the best potential of the forward group last year. Comparing Etem to Vrt or saying Etem should get more ice time is just foolish. if Vrt plays like Etem in 5 years i will cry.   

move hansen to the left side and Hansen, sutter, Vrt could be a very good checking line 

plus if Vrt is on the farm who the hell from our forward group is going to hit someone? Etem, Dan,  Hank, Bearcheese, Eriksson or Grandlund? 

Hitting is unsustainable. Virt will get wear out and get wasted if all he was expected to do was hit someone

21 hours ago, timmylu1 said:

You're career as an analyst is almost as rushed as Virtanen's rookie season.   

This whole posting thing is so much more fun with the crazy comments.  I am sorry but I still think that Jake will be a player we won't be able to send down because we will need what he brings.  Also, who ever thinks Etem is a physical player has been smokin' something because I can't remember seeing him run over anyone.  Jake also has a great Shot.  

I have a hard time believing that after being i the gym every day he isn't going to be bigger. stronger and faster.

23 hours ago, dpn1 said:

This whole posting thing is so much more fun with the crazy comments.  I am sorry but I still think that Jake will be a player we won't be able to send down because we will need what he brings.  Also, who ever thinks Etem is a physical player has been smokin' something because I can't remember seeing him run over anyone.

I'm not arguing your point, rather your in inability of knowing how to spell the players name. 

If Jake became a 215 or 220 lb Jannick Hansen I'd be more than happy.

> Sometimes 3rd line

> Sometimes 2knd

> Sometimes First

>> Gets a few 20 goal seasons

>>> Hounds and punishes the opposition, can be moved from line to line to resolve match up issues

His upside is higher than this. But I'd be more than happy & don't expect less...

So, training camp hasn't even started and the whiners are already picking their targets for next season. I guess if Vertinan gets sent down, it will be Emet's fault. Then all the idiots will watch for any error in his play and ignore any good he does. Happens every season, why would this one be any different?

23 hours ago, dpn1 said:

Virtanen! I get it!::D

Ok, just go edit the thread title, everyone makes mistakes, and I think that is ok. You should really fix it if the mistake is in the title though and do your best to spell names correct. 

Byfuglien is excluded..nobody can spell that right. I have to look it up every time.

50 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Wow you must be so smart pointing out a typo (1 for you

A typo is an accidental slip while typing. When somebody has it misspelled twice the odds are they just don't know the correct spelling. There's a difference.

27 minutes ago, Baggins said:

A typo is an accidental slip while typing. When somebody has it misspelled twice the odds are they just don't know the correct spelling. There's a difference.

Hobbit, go eat your breakfast - you need food.

Archived