The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Kenins signed in Zurich

the harry

1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I still think he would have an NHL job if he just accepted his role as a bottom 6 grinder/banger. He consistently tried to do too much, and ended up coughing up the puck. He's a guy that can skate and hit at the NHL level, few can say that. 

Agreed, but that's a hard role to play.  Maybe he prefers a softer game?

39 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Agreed, but that's a hard role to play.  Maybe he prefers a softer game?

Its a less skilled game to play, which is exactly why Ossi say's it suits him more. Hes got the tool box to be efficient in the bottom six more so then try way too hard to crack the top six let alone be there consistently. Maybe your choice of shampoo makes your fur too soft Alf?

35 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Its a less skilled game to play, which is exactly why Ossi say's it suits him more. Hes got the tool box to be efficient in the bottom six more so then try way too hard to crack the top six let alone be there consistently. Maybe your choice of shampoo makes your fur too soft Alf?

I use baby shampoo, mostly for my sensitive skin, but it does keep me fluffed up too.  :lol:

i liked the guy, but playing the banger - energy role at the NHL level (82 games) isn't in him.  That's okay.  He can play in Europe, make good money, and have (probably) a longer career.  I'm thinking more about guys like Gaunce taking on those types of roles anyway.  

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I use baby shampoo, mostly for my sensitive skin, but it does keep me fluffed up too.  :lol:

i liked the guy, but playing the banger - energy role at the NHL level (82 games) isn't in him.  That's okay.  He can play in Europe, make good money, and have (probably) a longer career.  I'm thinking more about guys like Gaunce taking on those types of roles anyway.  

really? I see Gaunce as exactly the same player.

Passes on hits while thinking he will be a scorer.

The Canucks have been working on getting Gaunce to be a banger since moving him to the wing 2 years ago.

So far, I do not see that in his game

3 minutes ago, lmm said:

really? I see Gaunce as exactly the same player.

Passes on hits while thinking he will be a scorer.

The Canucks have been working on getting Gaunce to be a banger since moving him to the wing 2 years ago.

So far, I do not see that in his game

I agree.  I am looking forward to Gaunce playing that way exactly.  He's bigger, and more skilled.  We will soon find out whether he has the mental toughness.  I guess Kinninis didn't.  I'm hoping Gaince will.

OP, would it have killed you to include a source and type more than one line?

He got away from his game in his second year here which had made him so effective the first time around. He may figure it out yet and get another chance, but good luck to him either way.

6 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

OP, would it have killed you to include a source and type more than one line?

He got away from his game in his second year here which had made him so effective the first time around. He may figure it out yet and get another chance, but good luck to him either way.

Well, you're right, it was short. I was in a hurry because I tried to be faster than Vintage Canuck for once. But I didn't add my sources intentionally, they are written in german.

6 minutes ago, the harry said:

Well, you're right, it was short. I was in a hurry because I tried to be faster than Vintage Canuck for once. But I didn't add my sources intentionally, they are written in german.

Don't you know all signing threads must be sourced in APA format!?

Archived