The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vesey signing with NYR = Kane deal unlikely

Pete M

with Vesey signing with NYR, Buffalo will probably hold onto Evander Kane making a deal with Canucks unlikely.

Buffalo was counting on Vesey signing with the Sabres as a 2nd/ 3rd line LW, which would have made E. Kane likely trade bait.

Now, Buffalo will require Kane to shore up the left side making a trade less likely.

1 hour ago, mpt said:

I think Buffalo is still wondering if Kane is going to jail or not rather than thinking if they are trading him to Vancouver

You'd think people would consider that just maybe this whole thing is pending a decision that could determine whether or not he's allowed to play in the league.

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

with Vesey signing with NYR, Buffalo will probably hold onto Evander Kane making a deal with Canucks unlikely.

Buffalo was counting on Vesey signing with the Sabres as a 2nd/ 3rd line LW, which would have made E. Kane likely trade bait.

Now, Buffalo will require Kane to shore up the left side making a trade less likely.

Actually they weren't.  It was becoming painfully obvious that Vesey wasn't going to sign with the Sabres.

And yes, this makes a Kane trade less likely unless Pegula forces GMTM to trade him.

1 hour ago, mpt said:

I think Buffalo is still wondering if Kane is going to jail or not rather than thinking if they are trading him to Vancouver

He's not going to jail.  I can go to that same nightclub tomorrow and do what he did and I would be able to plea a Class B misdemeanor down to a violation.

The worry here is that the DA hasn't officially closed the case.  Until he does, anything can happen, including more charges.  It's very doubtful but the possibility exists.

5 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Many a fan, were clamourin' for Kane

Chaotic plan, would drive a crazy man sane

Goin' in with youth

Not a bloke so uncouth

To bring home that child, justa' tired refrain.

There once was a fan from Vantucket,

Who's off season was so lame he couldn't duck it. He said with chagrin, let me begin, if Vesey was akin then Kane could stuff it. 

I hope Vessey sucks donkey dong in the NHL for the fiasco this unproven 23 year old college punk created in the NHL. 

What happened to the days that you were ecstatic about being drafted by ANY NHL team rather than play around with 8 different teams and you haven't proven nothing.

I I hope that Kane sucks donkey dong on his knees in the showers of a Buffalo prison, for all the crap that he has caused to women in his life all because he thinks he is a star and can get away with it.  

27 minutes ago, Drfeelgood said:

I hope Vessey sucks donkey dong in the NHL for the fiasco this unproven 23 year old college punk created in the NHL. 

What happened to the days that you were ecstatic about being drafted by ANY NHL team rather than play around with 8 different teams and you haven't proven nothing.

I I hope that Kane sucks donkey dong on his knees in the showers of a Buffalo prison, for all the crap that he has caused to women in his life all because he thinks he is a star and can get away with it.  

I hear what you're saying but what kind of dong did you want sucked again? I don't think you've clarified it enough.

Archived