The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Prust with the Leafs

elvis15

37 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

good luck to prusty...gave us his all for one season..at least he'll be close to his wife.

If what we saw was his all, then he is truly done in this league. The guy was abysmal. The best thing he did was spear a dude in the nuts. 

9 minutes ago, KFBR392 said:

If what we saw was his all, then he is truly done in this league. The guy was abysmal. The best thing he did was spear a dude in the nuts. 

his first year, he did everything, he was hired to do. play tough and protect the young guys. he did that...

8 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

his first year, he did everything, he was hired to do. play tough and protect the young guys. he did that...

His first year?  Is that to imply he played more than one season here in Vancouver?  Did I miss something?  Am I caught in a time warp?

4 minutes ago, HK Phooey said:

His first year?  Is that to imply he played more than one season here in Vancouver?  Did I miss something?  Am I caught in a time warp?

he got injured early in his second year and came back without the fire in his belly. i wish the guy well with the leafs.

3 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

he got injured early in his second year and came back without the fire in his belly. i wish the guy well with the leafs.

I think you might be a little mistaken there, joe.  Canucks acquired Prust the summer of 2015...he played a little less than one season for the Canucks.  It just seems like Prust was here for two seasons.

1 minute ago, smithers joe said:

Joe, you are in a time warp. He only played one season in Vancouver, not two

i also remember him claiming the young guys had to learn to fight their own battles so he really didn't do his job. 

21 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

Huh? Prust? I don't think so, smithers. 

He passed the buck way more than the puck. He's a joke at this point, so he'll fit in perfectly in Toronto. 

As far as being willing to dance, he was fine to start the year, going 3 fights in his first 4 games, and averaged 1 for every 5 games played last year.  IIRC too many fights started right after the puck drops, and that gets old quickly, IMO.  Whether that was his decision or he was doing what he was told, I dunno. In any case, it looked hopeful that we had some muscle to give Dorsett a break now and then.

He even took on Penny Oleksiak's big brother (6'7", 260), and did fine, giving a little better than he took.

His season didn't end well, obviously.  If he can help the Leafs suck a little more, that's fine with me.

Archived