The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Prust with the Leafs

elvis15

3 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

No, I did not know he had a PTO lined up.   Thanks for the reply / update!

The BizNasty twitter account is Bissonnette. That's why I'm confused but it makes sense if you didn't know the connection.

Probably one of the worst/slowest skaters left in the NHL today. 

Painfully evident over the last few years with the increase of overall speed.

I knew it wasn't ever his strong suit, but watching him every game with the Vancouver was cringe worthy.  

2 hours ago, smithers joe said:

his first year, he did everything, he was hired to do. play tough and protect the young guys. he did that...

He said the kids had to protect themselves.  Got hurt, then quit.  

And he only played one year.  

You must be thinking of someone else Joe.  

Prust was a complete useless disaster 

3 hours ago, Hortankin said:

Booth

Raymond

Corrado

Prust

Whose next?

Higgins

Burrows

Dorsett??

Leafs need all our scraps but somehow people believe they are the better team? Haha

I wonder how Hab fans feel about this?

Don't forget they also signed Canucks cast offs Mike Santorelli and Shawn Matthias.  

46 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

He said the kids had to protect themselves.  Got hurt, then quit.  

And he only played one year.  

You must be thinking of someone else Joe.  

Prust was a complete useless disaster 

He didn't play the full year sadly. Didn't wanna protect the kids, couldn't skate.....

did he actually do something useful in the four? Months he got paid to "play" for Vancouver?

the people that are all like "oh he played his heart out gave it every shift..." Blah blah.

you got nothing but disgust and remorse from me.

remorse for me having to type this, and disgust that you probably think you are still correct in your poor judgement. 

*im agreeing with drummerboy by the way. I wanted to quote people who thought Prust "did a good job", but found it easier to quote someone not spewing rainbows and unicorns out the thing Prust sat on for most of the year. 

1 minute ago, Vanisleryan said:

I doubt he makes the team...dont see him fitting the Babcock mold.  I hope his fiance likes Europe.  I hear Russia is beautiful in the dead of winter. ...:lol:

The Chinese KHL expansion team needs some muscle.....

15 minutes ago, StraightFlush said:

He didn't play the full year sadly. Didn't wanna protect the kids, couldn't skate.....

did he actually do something useful in the four? Months he got paid to "play" for Vancouver?

the people that are all like "oh he played his heart out gave it every shift..." Blah blah.

you got nothing but disgust and remorse from me.

remorse for me having to type this, and disgust that you probably think you are still correct in your poor judgement. 

*im agreeing with drummerboy by the way. I wanted to quote people who thought Prust "did a good job", but found it easier to quote someone not spewing rainbows and unicorns out the thing Prust sat on for most of the year. 

Yup.    Wait.........  What the f????????

OH!!!   Gotcha! ;) .   

Hahahaha

'me reading this post'

5 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Will Boyes punch people though? Clearly that's what they're looking for bringing in Prust and Hrabarenka.

Does Prust punch people though? I cringed at how staged all of his fights were and mostly lacked any substance. And he disappeared as the season wore on. Didn't protect our young guys as he should have, so Toronto cN have this useless player.

3 hours ago, nzan said:

I always thought there was something missing to Prust's benching/quitting and the subsequent demotion. Like we weren't told the whole story or something.

Yeah - he basically went from the definition of a tough, character veteran protecting his teammates, to, "Eff these guys".

I think his family situation - having to live so far from his wife - really weighed on him. When he got to Utica, he played very well, and by all accounts was a great team-guy. Toronto will be a much better situation for him.

12 hours ago, Tavrohorvat53 said:

Does Prust punch people though? I cringed at how staged all of his fights were and mostly lacked any substance. And he disappeared as the season wore on. Didn't protect our young guys as he should have, so Toronto cN have this useless player.

He had 7 majors last year in 35 games. I'd say he does.

Archived