The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injury] Jamie Benn

Just now, Shift-4 said:

My thought is the World Cup tournament looks stupid.

Yes, when you combine national pride with teams like Euro and U-23 then you get a gongshow of people who don't really care.

If the world cup occurred in Vancouver, I don't think I would buy tickets.

There's also some overlap with preseason games in late September. We'll have the opportunity to see a mostly Comets lineup. I just hope our guys don't get injured.

1 hour ago, Shift-4 said:

This

World Cup / Canada Cup made sense when NHLers were not going to the Olympics.

We don't need an invent like this for at least another 4 years.

Let's pretend we don't know about some the problems between the NHL and the IOC.  Maybe you could simplify all of this for us with a slogan.

Couture is no Benn, but he is a decent replacement.  I'm a little sad though, Benn was one of the selling points for me to watch, Couture, not so much.

HOWEVER!

Much like the Olympics, I will have little to no interest before and after, but will watch and enjoy the tournament while it is on.  I will enjoy it more if Canada does well.  I'm not going to crap on any competitive hockey with NHL caliber players.  I'm kind of happy we get early hockey this year.

1 hour ago, Shift-4 said:

This

World Cup / Canada Cup made sense when NHLers were not going to the Olympics.

We don't need an invent like this for at least another 4 years.

I still believe the NHLer's should not be able to compete in the Olympics Unless they take the season off and play for their respective national teams. A lot of undrafted talent was picked up from the National program and Olympics when it was the amateurs.

1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Thoughts on the Couture replacement?

AND YA THIS IS THREAD WORTHY BECAUSE THIS IS THE OFFSEASON, AND THE LAST THREAD WAS 12 HOURS AGO.

Ermmm... I like Couture, but that's quite the dropoff from Benn. Still World Cup favorites I think. 

Technically, this is more news on him not playing in the World Cup than it is about his injury.

https://www.nhl.com/news/jamie-benn-has-offseason-surgery-on-core/c-281175036

"Jamie Benn underwent surgery to repair a core muscle injury on Thursday, July 14 at the Vincera Institute in Philadelphia, Pa.," Nill said in a statement. "His operation, performed by Dr. Bill Meyers, went as planned. His full recovery time is expected to be six weeks, putting him on schedule to be ready for the 2016-17 season. Jamie will be re-evaluated after the six-week rehabilitation process, at which time his availability for the World Cup of Hockey will be determined."

I haven't seen anything that explained how he got the injury in the couple articles I've looked at, but it's most likely something he was trying to rehab from the season vs a new injury after the season was over.

2 hours ago, WhoseTruckWasIt said:

So when this "abomination of entertainment" is actually on, how many threads do you expect to make so that you can whine about how it's not nationalistic enough?

14 should suffice.

Archived